Chapter 1

Alec jolted awake when Jace burst through the door.

"Jace, must you keep doing that?" Alec groaned.

"I only do this when I have something huge to tell you".

Alec raised his eyebrow, "Yesterday you did it to tell me that they opened a new milkshake place down the road".

"Exactly!"

Alec slumped back on the sofa, what had he been thinking when he agreed to share an apartment with Jace? Jace was always interrupting his peace and quiet time by dragging him to the bar downstairs, ever since he and Izzy attempted to cook dinner it was agreed that Alec would be the one to cook all the meals, Alec was always cleaning up after Jace's messes and hardly had any time to himself anymore. Of course he knew the reason why he put up with all this, he just tried to ignore it. But this was hard when Jace was there all the time, and Izzy kept bringing it up.

Alec sighed, "So, what is this huge news?" Alec said sarcastically.

"I'm going to propose to Simon!" Jace said excitedly.

Alec felt his heart drop, he couldn't believe this was happening he was losing the man he loved. Before college it had just been him, Izzy and Jace, but everything changed the day they met Simon. Alec's heart had ached when he saw the way Jace and Simon had looked at each other. When Simon and Jace began dating, Alec hadn't liked Simon and was hostile towards him. But when he had saved him from his ex Jonathon who wouldn't leave Alec alone they bonded. Though he had become friends with Simon it didn't stop the pain he felt every time he saw him with Jace. But that pain was nothing compared to what Alec was feeling now. Alec had always hoped that he would have a chance with Jace, but now there was no chance at all.

Despite his pain Alec forced himself to smile, "That's great Jace".

Jace beamed at Alec, "Yeah I can't wait, though part of me is terrified..."

Alec wasn't really hearing what Jace was saying, Alec felt as though his world was falling apart. Alec wished he could hate Simon for this but he couldn't. Alec snapped back to reality when he felt Izzy dragging him out of the apartment, (when had Izzy come in?). They left Jace pacing while practicing his proposal.

"Izzy, what are you doing?"

"Taking you to the bar duh", Izzy said.

Alec took his hand out of Izzy's, "I'm not in the mood Iz".

"Come on Big Brother, I know what you're going through you need fun".

"Izzy", Alec whined, but knew she was right. A night with Izzy at the bar would help him forget his pain, it wasn't a permanent solution but better than nothing. So he reluctantly followed Izzy to the bar.

When they got their drinks Alec tried to go to their usual booth but Izzy grabbed his arm and smirked at Alec.

"No", Alec said sternly.

"What?" Izzy asked innocently.

"I know that look, we are not playing have you met Alec?"

Izzy's grin widened, just as Izzy turned to the man next to her Alec escaped and hid in a secluded booth. Alec sighed in relief, but jumped when a man opposite him spoke, "Who are you?" He said seductively. Alec had been so focused on escaping Izzy that he hadn't seen the man already sitting in the booth opposite him.

"Um..." Words failed Alec as he took in the man's appearance, the amount of glitter he was wearing wouldn't have looked good on someone like Jace but it enhanced this man's beauty, his gaze was drawn from the man's ring adorned hands to his cat like eyes which were mesmerizing. Alec quickly looked away when he realized he was staring, "I'm Alec", Alec managed to say.