Chapter 14

Alec couldn't believe Magnus was calling him he was afraid Magnus never wanted to talk to him again, Alec answered the phone quickly he didn't know how long he had until Jonathan came back.

"Magnus?" Alec said hesitantly.

Magnus sighed in relief, "Listen Alexander, I know Jonathan has kidnapped you I need you to tell me where you are so we can save you".

"I can't, Jonathan had me in the trunk for most of the journey I don't know where I am", Alec said and anxiously checked that Jonathan was still talking to Victor, thankfully he still was.

"Then you need to stay talking to me for as long as possible".

"I'll try but I don't know how long I have".

"Alexander... I'm so sorry for the way I have been treating you, I know Dot has been lying. Can you forgive me?"

Alec closed his eyes in pain, he wished he could forgive Magnus but he was still hurting because of Magnus' actions. "I'm sorry I can't I need time".

There was a tense pause before Magnus spoke, "I understand but I need you to know that no matter where our relationship stands I promise I won't rest until you are safe again".

Alec's heart hurt and warmed at the same time at Magnus' words, "I know Magnus-"

"MAGNUS! YOU WERE TALKING TO MAGNUS!" Jonathan screamed.

Alec jumped in terror dropping his phone, his heartbeat painfully fast. Jonathan stormed furiously towards Alec and was about to punch him but Alec tried to kick Jonathan, Alec was nearly successful but Jonathan managed to grab Alec's leg, he pulled Alec roughly towards him and pressed Alec against him in a crushing grip.

"Please let me go", Alec managed, he was finding it hard to breathe because of Jonathan's grip.

Jonathan ignored Alec. "How could you betray me like this? I love you", Jonathan shouted

"Alexander! What's happening? Alexander!"

Alec could hear Magnus' voice shout in fear but unfortunately so did Jonathan. Jonathan released Alec allowing him to breathe properly again, Jonathan picked up Alec's phone.

"You are never going to see Alec again!" Jonathan said to Magnus and destroyed Alec's phone in his fury.

"Jonathan please, Victor will hear this", Alec tried desperately to reason but Jonathan just smirked.

"No he won't, thanks to a suggestion of mine he has gone out shopping and won't be back for a long time. You betrayed me and for that, you will be punished". Jonathan dragged Alec to the bed not caring how hard Alec was fighting him.

Back at the station, Magnus slammed his fist on the table. "Dammit! Aline, please tell me you were able to trace that call".

"I'm sorry, the call wasn't long enough", Aline said sadly, Aline had partnered with Alec when Jace was ill and they became close. Aline was so scared for Alec. Aline was grateful when her girlfriend Helen hugged her and she leaned into the touch.

"What do we do now?" Simon said anxiously.

Luke had brought Magnus and Simon to the station along with Jordan. Simon wasn't looking forward to having to testify in Jordan's trial, he was afraid of facing Jordan. Simon flinched when Jace gave him a death glare. He had tried to tell Jace the truth as had Magnus and Luke, but even the evidence of bringing Jordan back to the station in handcuffs wasn't enough for Jace. He was convinced that Jordan had been wrongly arrested and that Magnus and Luke were backing up Simon's lies with more lies. It hurt Simon so much, even worse Jace was trying to find evidence to free Jordan. Simon hated Jordan for making him break Jace's heart.