Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

Immediately, Remus jumped at him, wrapping his arms around him and squeezing tight.

Janus felt the hospital gown get wet at his shoulder.

He teared up himself as he hugged Remus back, kissing the back of his neck, "I'm sorry.."

"D-Don't apologize, a-asshole." Remus weakly warned. Janus moved Remus up, cupping his face. Remus was still glaring at him, but he looked sad and broken.

"Do cry- Don't cry, my Dark King." Janus whispered, leaning forward and brushing their noses together. Remus tried to keep the noises inside, but a quiet cry escaped.

He let Remus decide rather or not to kiss, keeping their foreheads pressed together. Remus leaned forward, closing the gap as he wrapped his arms around his head and neck.

It felt so nice to be able to kiss Janus again. One side slightly colder than the other, never chapped, always a welcoming kind of kiss.

Remus refused to let Janus pull away, not that he was trying, he pulled Remus closer by the waist. Their lips were perfect together. Both working expertly on this kind of thing.

Remus pulled back first, glaring at Janus with love now, "I fucking love you." He growled.

Janus hummed, "I love you too." He forced out, desperately trying to not lie.

Janus looked over at Roman, who had the brightest smile. He waved at Janus, but kept silent. He didn't want to ruin his brother's moment.

Virgil let out a sigh, "I hate you, but I'm glad you aren't dead or anything."

Janus snorted, shuffling over so Remus could stay hidden in his chest and lay with him, petting his hair, "Oh, I'm very much dead." He stuck his snake tounge out.

Emily held her stomach when it rumbled, "Anyone else hungry?" she asked.

A series of yes' was her response, except Logan. He remained quiet.

"Then let's go get something to eat!" Emily clapped her hands together, her pink wings sprouting into view and fluttering, "Who wants to come with me?"

Remy immediately perked up, but Logan bet him to it, "I will assist you." He simply said. Emily nodded, "What do we all want to eat?"

"Janus should decide." Remus mumbled from the body he was curled on.

"Oh," Janus slowed his petting, "They don't know my real name."

"Had to say it so the lady would let us see you." He said.

"But you do know and always remember my last name, how did you find my room?" Janus asked.

Virgil laughed, "We described you to the lady before the two arrived. Said you were a male who was cursed to be half snake. She said we needed to tell her your name, so we did Deceit, but that obviously wasn't there at all."

Janus nodded, "Back to food, I'd hate to have some pizza."

Emily was about to ask what food he wants then, before she remembered he speaks in opposites, "Ok! How about we all have pepperoni pizza?"

Everyone agreed, Remy requesting some coffee, and the two set off, walking out of the room and then outside.

Emily stretched her wings, "Ready?" she asked Logan, not looking at him.

She didn't get a reply, so she turned to look at him, "Logan?"

Logan was rubbing his eyes, a hand pressed over his mouth. Emily's eyes went wide, "A-Are you crying? What's wrong?"

"S-" Logan cleared his throat when it sounded rough, "Sorry, I-I was just w-worried. And I suppose s-seeing him fine made me.. relieved. Wh-Which lead up to me being emotional."

"Oh, Logan," Emily hugged her friend, "he's ok, we're all ok. Is that why you were quiet?"

Logan nodded, hugging her back, "I needed out, I was afraid if I spoke.. I-I would've broken down in there. Which isn't what Janus needs."

"Shh," Emily pulled away, but kept her arms wrapped around him, "It's ok to be upset and need a break. Here, let's go get some food and calm down, yeah?"

"Yeah," he whispered, "Let's go."

The two took off into the sky, flying rather slow and talking about whatever Logan wished to talk about, Emily just wanted her friend to feel better.

Logan had a small smile as he listened to Emily's opinion about Pluto, her agreeing with him that it should be a planet and why she believes so.

It's nice to have friends, especially having Emily as one, Logan decided.

!!!STAY INSIDE, BE BORED AND SAFE INSTEAD OF DYING ALONE AND WEAR A FUCKING MASK!!!