one hundred four

Start from the beginning

T'Challa looked to Bruce's left, stepping up to Audelia. She held out her hand as T'Challa grasped it in both of his own.

"Ms. Motter, it's lovely to see you again," a smirk crossed his lips. "Though I was hoping it would be as Mrs. Stark."

"Let's defeat this guy so that can be a reality," she responded. "I hope there's no hard feelings about Germany."

"It is water under the bridge," he told her with a kind smile, kissing her hand before dropping it, walking toward the palace with the group in tow. "So, how big of an assault should be expect?"

"Uh, sir, I think you can expect quite a big assault," Bruce commented.

"How are we looking on backup here?" Audelia asked as she fell into step beside Natasha.

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and-"

"A semi-stable, 100 year old man,"

Audelia smiled as she watched Bucky Barnes appear, looking healthier and happier than she had ever seen him before, besides in her dad's old photos. Steve stepped up, giving his best friend a hug.

"How you been, Buck?"

"Uh, not bad, for the end of the world," his eyes locked with Audelia's as the pair gave one another a smile, before they were transported to the building that was given to T'Challa's sister, Shuri, to work on all technology.

Vision was placed on a table in the center of the room, the team gathering around as Shuri scanned Vision's body.

"The structure is polymorphic," Shuri commented as she looked at the hologram of Vision's head and the stone. Bruce nodded along with her.

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially,"

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?"

Bruce stumbled over his words for a moment before looking to Deli, who shrugged.

"Don't look at me, this was all you and Tony here bud,"

"I'm sure you did your best," Shuri commented to Bruce with a smile. "Maybe next time ask for a woman's help, though."

"Can you do it?" Wanda cut in as Shuri looked to her.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures," she looked to T'Challa. "It will take time, brother."

"How long?" Steve questioned.

"As long as you can give me,"

The kimoyo beads on Okoye's wrist beeped as she pressed on one, bringing up a hologram of the earth before her.

"Something entered the atmosphere,"

"Hey, guys?" Sam's voice called out over their earpieces. "We've got a situation out here."

All eyes moved to the windows that looked out upon Wakanda. An alien ship came crashing down from the sky before disintegrated upon hitting the barrier surrounding Wakanda, the sound of the crash echoing for all to hear.

"We've got more incoming outside the dome," Rhodey's voice was loud and clear as more landed, this time around the barrier instead of slamming into it.

"It's too late," Vision said, rising from the table. "We need to destroy the stone, now."

Audelia placed a hand on Vision's shoulder, holding him in place.

"Lay your ass back down on this table, now," she said, before turning to Shuri. "I'm not losing anymore of my team. We'll give you as much time as you need, you get that stone out of his head."