Chapter 15- Sleep

It was around noon and everyone was still getting used to being together, mainly Song Lan and Xue Yang.
    "So uhh when did you meet Xingchen?" Xue Yang asked breaking the silence.
     "Why do you ask?" Song Lan said staring at the man coldly.
     "It doesn't matter why I ask, just answer the question."
      "No," Song Lan continued eating causing Xue Yang to sigh loudly.
       "Ugh, why am I stuck with you again?" Xue Yang slumped down to the table laid his head on his arms.
      "Because Xingchen and a-Qing went for a walk and they asked us to get along," Song Lan said unbothered.
      Xue Yang sighed again, "Fine, I'm doing this for Xingchen not the little brat."
      "Don't call her that."
      "Why not? She doesn't care what I call her, she calls me and idiot all the time," Xue Yang said. He took a small bite of food and relished the taste of Xingchen's cooking, it was definitely his favorite.
       "Well maybe you deserve to be called that, she doesn't," Song Lan said. He stood up and took his sword before walking outside, Xue Yang following.
      "Where are you going?" Xue Yang asked as he caught up with the man.
       "You don't need to know."
      "Of course I do, what would Xingchen do if he found out his best friend was gone all of a sudden? He might think I killed you!" Xue Yang said.
       "Maybe he should think that," Song Lan muttered.
      "What did you say?"
       "I said, maybe he should think that," Song Lan repeated louder.
       "Why? Do you hate me that much?" Xue Yang asked.
        "Yes," Song Lan said before drawing his sword and attacking the man. Xue Yang dodged and took out his own sword, he blocked the hits not wanting to hurt his lover's best friend.
       Song Lan, on the other hand, wanted to hurt Xue Yang. After striking for a long time and being blocked, Song Lan finally managed to cut Xue Yang's upper arm. Xue Yang's face turned dark and he began to fight back with more force.
      Their swords clashed and they were face to face, they both had icy glares and stone cold faces. Song Lan was the first to knock out of it, he pushed back, "Xue Yang, we should stop."
      "You attacked me first," Xue Yang replied, "why don't you finish?!"
      "Because Xingchen will be back soon!" Song Lan said, "I don't want him to find us fighting!"
      "Too bad! Fight me you coward!" Xue Yang ran up to Song Lan and attacked. Song Lan blocked every hit and soon saw Xingchen walking back with a-Qing.
      "Xingchen! A-Qing!" He yelled as he blocked the hits.
       Xingchen heard the sound of the swords clashing and drew his own, "Who is it? Do you need help?"
      "Just get Xue Yang!" Song Lan yelled back, "We started fighting and once I hit him he attacked! I'm sorry for doing it but we need to calm him down right now!"
      Xingchen nodded before yelling, "Xue Yang! Come here and leave Zichen alone!" Xue Yang ignored the man and kept on striking, he managed to get Song Lan in a position where he could strike him anywhere on his torso.
     Xue Yang was about to stab Song Lan's chest when he heard a yell, "Xue Chengmei, stop it!" He stopped, his sword still.
     "Xi-xingchen," he said before falling down to the ground. They all ran up to him and Xingchen cradled the man on his lap,.
     "Chengmei, are you alright?" Xingchen asked searching the man for injuries, he felt a thick liquid on Xue Yang's arm and turned to a-Qing. "Go get me some water and something to bandage up his wound," he ordered. The girl nodded and ran away searching for supplies.
     "Xingchen, I couldn't control it," Xue Yang said, "I tried to control myself but I couldn't," he closed his eyes and sighed in disappointment, "I'm so stupid, aren't I?"
    "No you're not, Chengmei, you were hurt and it's obvious you wanted to fight back. It isn't your fault nor is it Zichen's," Xingchen said, a-Qing came back and he began to tend to Xue Yang's wounds. "You controlled yourself really well, and you listened to me when I told you to stop."
"But that's not all, I have a piece of the Yin Iron remembe-" Xue Yang covered his mouth and his eyes grew wide.
"You what?!" Xingchen and Song Lan exclaimed.
"I uh, I have the Yin Iron. I'll tell you about it tomorrow alright? I'm tired and need some rest," the man said. Xingchen was the first to recover from shock and nodded, he helped Xue Yang up and took him inside the house.
Xue Yang laid down and as Xingchen was about to leave he was pulled down by a pair of hands on his waist. He let out a small yelp and fell back into the bed, "Xue Yang, what are you doing?"
The man didn't answer and made Xingchen lay down, he wrapped his arms around Xingchen's waist. Xue Yang hid his face into his lover's neck and pressed a small kiss on it, he then whispered softly into Xingchen's ear, "I'm tired and I want you near me, stay here for a while will you."
Xingchen shivered at the warm breath but nodded, "Sure, whatever you want." They lay there and soon Xingchen heard Xue Yang's heavy breathing.
He smiled and silently turned around in his lover's arms, he pulled Xue Yang closer to him and kissed his head. Xue Yang's head was hidden in Xingchen's neck and who began to play with his hair. Xingchen always loved Xue Yang's hair, it was soft and silky and just beautiful.
Xingchen began to slowly braid Xue Yang's hair with great delicacy. He felt Xue Yang stir a bit and froze, once the man was comfortable again Xingchen continued. Xue Yang had now pressed his face into Xingchen's chest and gave it a small kiss, right where his heart is.
The man in white smiled at the sweet gesture and soon fell asleep, his hands still holding Xue Yang's hair.
Unknown to them, Song Lan was standing outside the wide open door with a sad smile, he had a tear streak on his cheek. He wiped the tear and walked outside, I can't change the fact that they love each other, no matter how much I try to separate them I can't. But as long as Xue Yang treats him well, I'll be fine.