chapter twenty-two

The pain was harsher than Liana had ever imagined

The pain was harsher than Liana had ever imagined. Liana had never felt anything life it in her life, no amount of epidural or pain-killers could help Liana as she gripped tightly onto Harry's hand. The nurse instructed her to push one last time, and Liana didn't want to. She shook her head, tears and sweat running down her face before Harry wiped it all away for her and faced her, "You can do it, I believe in you."

The words of encouragement wouldn't have helped Liana from the beginning, but with the nurse telling her she needed to push, Liana gripped even tighter onto Harry's hand before she pushed a final time — the cries of their baby girl filling the air. A wash of relief fell over Liana as she allowed the nurses to work on her body, hearing the loud cries of their baby and the nurses calming her as they cleaned and wrapped her up.

Harry smiled as he looked over at their daughter before looking at Liana. The sweat dripped down quicker than ever but Harry wiped it away so Liana wouldn't feel hotter than she already is, their eyes were filled with plenty of emotions as Liana cried whilst the nurse handed their baby into her arms.

"Oh, oh. . . She's beautiful. She's perfect!" Liams sobbed as stroked her face, Harry looking over at his two girls. He felt the tears run down his face as Liana tapped his arm, holding onto his hand as she reached him to touch her silky-smooth skin. He nodded in admiration to the two girls in front of him, allowing himself to fall in love with them both.

Harry leaned forwards, he didn't care for the sweat dripping down Liana's face, he didn't care how dishevelled she looked at the moment. All he saw was the beautiful woman that just gave birth to his daughter, their daughter. He leaned forwards, connecting their lips together.

Liana was shocked but leaned more into him and deepened their kiss. She could feel as he smiled against her lips, her saccharine scent filling his nose as he breathed in deeply to allow their kiss to last longer.

Liana noticed his familiar cologne linger drift into her nose, their tongues clashing against each other and her sweat tasting salty within her mouth as their daughter calmed down between their touch. She pulled away, her heart racing faster than ever before Harry placed their foreheads together as they smiled to each other.

That was when he said: "I love you."

Taken back, Liana moved apart from him and looked down at their daughter before stroking her fingers gently against her cheek again. She smiled before feeling tears fall down her cheek, "I love you."

The words were finally out. Within those years of knowing each other, these words were never muttered in a romantic way. And now, they were meant in every romantic way possible. Harry kissed her forehead before Liana allowed him to hold her before the nurses took her away, "I have a name for her."

Harry looked up at Liana after she finished her sentence, despite not wanting to take her eyes from their daughter. "What would that be?" Questioned Harry before looking back towards their daughter. Liana remembered their talk from when they were younger, and how they wanted their future to be: how many kids they want, when they want to get married, who they wish to settle down with, and the names of their children. Liana remembered the conversation like it was yesterday as she bit her lip between her teeth.

"Darcy. . ." Liana replied before Harry nodded his head and looked down at their daughter, admitting that that was her name. He repeated the name as his eyes crowded with tears before kissing Darcy's forehead.

"And Zayn can chose the middle name?" Harry asked, Liana smiling as she agreed with him. "He already has. It's Zara, I think he chose it because the name is so close to Zayn," Harry chuckled at Liana's sentence before repeating her full name over and over again — them already agreeing her last name would be Styles.