chapter eight

two months later

The months had passed by quicker than Liana suspected

The months had passed by quicker than Liana suspected. Being three months pregnant, she experienced the delight of pregnancy symptoms: cravings, aching, morning sickness. She despised them all and especially morning sickness. Whilst lying on the sofa, Liana placed her hand on her stomach as it began to bubble into a nest of sickness. "Pregnancy is—" Her hand covered her mouth as she rushed towards her bathroom; spewing up in the toilet.

"—A bitch," She confirmed to herself before flushing the sickness and cleaning her mouth out at the sink. "Li!" A familiar voice shouted. Liana stuck her head out of the bathroom door and raised her weak head to Harry as she stormed through the apartment. How did he get in here? Liana scrunched her eyebrows in confusion before Harry showed her his spare key she had forgotten she'd gave him.

During the two months of him knowing about her pregnancy, Harry had been visiting more. He invited himself into her apartment many times when the door was open before, allowing him to stay a couple of nights because he'd usually fall asleep anyway.

Their friendship from before hadn't changed drastically. Their conversations were still familiar besides the little squeeze of the futuristic conversations to do with their child, or how they were going to raise them. How it would all work out. . .

She didn't want their child to be raised in a split household. Being a daughter of divorced parents, she knew how heartbreaking it was to watch them bicker all the time and having to chose between who's house she had to spend the week at, or who she had to join when they both asked her to go out at the same time. It affected her childhood, knowing she never had a 'normal' one with a family who loved each other and would do anything to protect one another.

Harry cleared his throat: "How about an flat together?"

Liana looked up at him from her seat on the couch. Her eyebrows furrowed before Harry smiled softly at the suggestion. "I'm being serious, Li! How long have we known each other? Plus, friends live together all the time. It would be easier on the baby, also. . ." His speech was slow and always accent-filled, his voice always sent Liana into a drift as she enjoyed his British accent and the way his nose moved when he spoke.

She could listen to him speak forever, his voice being that comforting. "Really?" Asked Liana. Harry nodded his head before placing his hands onto her shoulder, gently shaking her as if to knock sense back into her brain. "You don't want our child to be raised in a split household. Neither do I," Harry explained before Liana nodded her head in agreement.

Moving in together was the best answer for it all. That way, their baby won't be raised in two homes, and they'd experience continuous love the entire time throughout their childhood in they both lived together. "Sometimes, Haz, you do come out with the best situations," Replied Liana as she tapped his knee.

"Who's house would we live in? Or would we buy—" Suddenly, Liana gripped her stomach as she felt the sickness begin again. Her hands clenched over her mouth before she began to pace towards the toilet, Harry standing confused before following her footsteps. "—Oh, God, no." Her voice was strained as she leaned over the toilet and began to be sick again.

Harry rushed towards her, running his hands over her curly hair before gathering it behind her ears and out of her face. His expression with full of worry and Liana couldn't help but laugh at him once she was done being sick, "It's a common symptom."

Harry nodded his head: "I know."

Has he been doing research? Or was this something he already knew. Liana shrugged her shoulders before cleaning her mouth out again, watching as Harry toyed with his bottom lip in guilt.

"I'm okay, Haz. I promise. And the baby is okay, also," Confirmed Liana as she placed her hand on top of his head, ruffling with his curls. Harry chuckled before capturing her hands onto his, bringing her down to his face so he could scan over it; looking out for any sign of dehydration from the amount of times she had been sick. "Do you need anything? I can go pick up some food, or drinks, or something," Harry offered as he played with her fingers.

Liana shook her head. "So, you know, huh?" Harry drawn his hand to behind his neck, softly rubbing it before forming a smile and creating the cute dimples within his cheeks. "I've been doing some research!" He admitted, Liana shaking her head with a laugh.