chapter eleven

"Holy shit!" Exclaimed Liana

"Holy shit!" Exclaimed Liana. She was five months into her pregnancy and it was the first time she had felt the baby kick. Smiling, her hand rushed to cover her stomach to find the place the baby had kicked before she pressed in slightly. Waiting for the baby to kick again. It was somewhat worrying her that she was far along into her pregnancy and hadn't felt any kick, or anything, yet. But now, she can relax and wait until they kick again.

"Oh. . ." Her voice whispered into the air after feeling them kick again. Her eyes glossed over the water, feeling around her stomach again to gain another reaction. "Harry!" The shout of his full name sent him rushing towards her in worry he had done something wrong, or something was wrong with Liana. "What? What is it? What've I done, now?" His questions come quick with his feet but Liana waved him off.

"No, nothing. Come, come here," Liana said before Harry dragged his feet towards her. Her fingers laced with his hand as she placed his hand onto her bump, feeling around and pressing in; gently. Harry didn't know what to do when she left his touch, dragging his other hand across her stomach in order to feel what she did. And there it was — a kick.

"Oh, my God," Harry said before keeping his hands in place of her stomach. Liana smiled brightly at him, knowing he could feel them kick against his skin. Her lip was bit between his teeth, Harry leaning his head down towards her stomach as he rested his chin on top of it.

Moments like these made Liana melt. Knowing Harry was soft and protective over Liana, and their baby, made Liana feel the most comfortable in her pregnancy than she was before.

"Thank you, Li," Harry said before burying his head into her stomach, Liana praised her hands through his locks as she twisted them around her fingertips slightly, being amused as the curls locked themselves around her fingers. "For what?" Asked Liana as she stopped playing with his hair and raised his face up to meet hers.

He scanned her face: "For everything."

And by everything, she knew what he meant. The pregnancy, the symptoms, the hate, for carrying his child. "Without you, I wouldn't be becoming a dad, and I guess, I never really thanked you for it," Harry said; softly. His hands cupped around Liana's jawline before she smiled softly into his touch, leaning her cheek against his palm. "You're welcome. With all honesty, I couldn't do it without you," Admitted Liana before Harry stroked her cheek with a smile against his lips.

This was the moment in time when everything was quiet, and everything was settled, meaning Liana had to tell him the one thing she has wanted since the start of this pregnancy.

She placed her hand onto his cheek before speaking: "When I was younger, I always felt pressured that I had to be a certain way and that I had to look a certain way. All of this was because my mom was a model, and she always invited her model friends around the house. To be honest, I really don't want that for our child. I don't want them to feel pressured to be a certain type of way, or look a certain type of way because that's what media wants. I don't need them constantly worrying about their looks like I had to. . . So, I'm going to quit modelling." 

It was true. Her mom was a famous model, and being that, her childhood — at her mom's house — was cradled with hundred of models at a time, all beautiful and delicate to some others. It was something that Liana felt she had to be pressured into, and her mom agreed.

However, it was something that she didn't want for their child. Perhaps sometime when their child his older, Liana will kickback her modelling career and join the runway again. But, for now, Liana decided it was best to take a break and always be there for their child.