thirty-five

"Jisoo, step aside!" Yoongi yelled behind her.

With her quick reflex, Jisoo managed to do what Yoongi yelled. An angry crocotta almost bit her if she hadn't moved to her left on time.

It was Jisoo's first time to see a Crocotta in person since she read something about its kind in books. The crocotta in front of them was the size of a mule - a baby of a male donkey, and a female horse - and its head resembled that of a hyena. Its mane was like what horses have yet its tail was like a lion's. If Jisoo didn't study about these creatures, she'd just think that they're huge hyenas or tigers because of its fur which could either be spots or stripes. Aside from the odd physical features, Crocottas can mimic human speech much like Changelings do.

Jisoo took out her dagger, Solar, from its sheath that was strapped around her left thigh. "Attack in front, I'll take the back."

"Crocottas can understand speech, Jisoo." Yoongi said, "You just blew our plan."

Suddenly feeling embarrassed, Jisoo closed her eyes shut with her fist balled. "I'm sorry. Then no plan it is."

Yoongi started attacking the Crocotta using his sword. When Jisoo found a way to distract it with her solar balls, Yoongi used Necromancy to summon Skeleton Warriors for a less weakening kind of distraction before he and Jisoo can attack the monster with their swords.

Both of them knew that the said monster can only be killed using sharp objects - their swords. So as soon as the crocotta was trying to destroy all the decoy Yoongi made, the two of them struck their swords to each side of the monster.

"There you are!" A panting Taehyung said, a hand resting on his knee while the other was holding a sword. "Man, I've been running for 4 minutes before I saw you two."

Jisoo watched her boyfriend in bewilderment. "Just what are you doing here? Don't you have something to do?"

"Live ended abruptly." Taehyung let out a heavy breath, "A crocotta barged in in the middle of my talking, with Jimin saying, 'my dog got out from his leash' all while holding his sword. The crocotta went out after destroying a wall."

Pulling out his sword from the dead crocotta's body, Yoongi asked, "Did the camera capture it? You'll be in headlines when they catch that."

Taehyung approached Jisoo, "They didn't, thank gods. And Mr. Ri was quick to stop the staff from filming Jimin too. If any videos get out with Jimin's face in it, he'd be in jail."

"Where's Jimin then?" asked Jisoo.

"Met up with Lisa. Namjoon and Jin went ahead to the mall where your brother and Chaeyoung are." Taehyung answered, "Oh, and Yoongi, JK, and Jimin aren't allowed to be together because you three attract too many monsters. Jimin said the four will buy food then he and Lisa will find a secluded place where we can eat together and possibly fight monsters."

"This is the downside of being friends with y'all." Yoongi said bitterly, though deep inside, he never felt any regrets. Being friends with the 9 of them made his life less boring. "Where do we go from here then?"

"In my manager's office first. I still have to talk to him about the damage Jimin caused."

"We'll wait for you in the lobby." Jisoo told her boyfriend, "If you see mom, tell her I'll visit her next week."

"You won't talk to her today?" Yoongi asked. "She watched the live with you, didn't she?"

"How come you saw her with you when I didn't?" Jisoo knitted her eyebrows. "Anyway, let's go, Yoongi. Tae, settle things with Manager Choi quick. I'm already hungry!"