thirteen

Taehyung punched the wall that separated him and Jisoo. He tried using his winged shoes to get past the wall but the walls have already shifted around him, separating him from the rest of the group yet again. Luckily, he still has his best friend on his side.

"Yikes! She's with Yoongi and Jin." Jimin acted like he's not amused with what he saw before their group separated. "You alright, buddy?"

Taehyung groaned in frustration. "What if Jin uses his freaking charmspeak on her? The next thing we'll know when we see them, they're already in a freaking relationship."

Chukling, Jimin held Taehyung's shoulders and tried to meet his friend's eyes. When he did, he laughed at how Taehyung's eyebrows were still furrowed. "I was planning to calm you down but seeing you freaking out about this is too funny!"

The son of Hermes pushed Jimin away from him, annoyed. "Let's just find a tunnel that'll lead us to where there are demigods who need saving."

"Sure, whatever you say, Tae~"

"You think he'll use Charmspeak on her?" Taehyung asked, in all seriousness this time.

Jimin bit back his smile. "You know, if you really like her, why didn't you just tell her?"

"I was planning on telling her after our quest but then this happened."

"Then tell her when we see her." Jimin said, "Before Artemis gets in the way again."

Taehyung looked at his friend; he knew Jimin really regretted not telling Jennie that he likes her so now the girl's Artemis' Lieutenant.

As for him and Jisoo, he doesn't know if he wants to confess to her anymore - at least, not after this or not until he feels like he's already accomplished something. Truth was, during their quest, he really felt weak. He wanted to redeem himself first, he wanted to know if he can protect Jisoo alone, he wanted to make sure that he's worthy to be with someone like Jisoo - the quick-witted, selfless, brightest girl he's ever met.

The two best friends walked deep into the maze, carefully choosing their battles before walking straight towards paths where there are monsters.

"What will you do once we find Jennie?" Taehyung asked, after half an hour of not talking about how they'll get out of the maze alive.

"Bring her back to the camp. I'm sure the goddess is waiting for her."

"That's it?"

Jimin sighed, exasperated. "Yes. I've moved on, Tae. I just want us to be friends again, that's all."

Taehyung nodded even though he knew his friend still hasn't gotten over his crush with the daughter of Ares slash Lieutenant of Artemis slash Jimin's crush for three years before the girl joined the hunters.

Tired and dehydrated, Jimin finally made them stop to take a rest.

"I'll walk a little further, see if I can find an exit." Taehyung said

"But-"

"I can handle myself. No need to worry."

Jimin decided not to argue with his friend and just sat down to rest. Now, he had time to think and remember why he really can't be with Jennie even if he still wanted her back. However, it wasn't that long until Taehyung came back, panting.

" I saw a room that's just right for you!" His friend informed him in excitement.

--

"The Pit Room?" Jimin read the cardboard stuck on the door of the room