twelve

Jisoo became really skeptical when she came inside the triplets' room. The two boys greeted her awkwardly as both of them said, "Good evening" at the same time. 

When Miranda came to the room and brought the girl, she noticed how scared Miranda's eyes looked before she closed the door.

The girl walked straight to her bed, where Chloe told Jisoo to sleep on. As she was still unable to sleep because of uneasiness, she tried talking to the triplets. 

"So, what are your names?" 

The boys stared at her like she asked them a difficult math question. The girl, on the other hand, just smiled at her. 

"Okay.." Jisoo said, now a 100% sure that these children aren't mortals. "Your mom's Miranda, right?" 

"Miranda is our mommy." the three of them said, weirding out Jisoo for the second time around. Now, she had to know what creatures these are and if Miranda is one of them too. 

She took her bow and slung her quiver on her body like a slingbag. She stood up, slowly making her way to the door while still facing the kids, who just kept on staring at her.

When she felt the door knob on her lower back, she opened it. However, as if luck's not on her side today, the lights of the whole house turned off. 

Jisoo was half-way past the door when she heard a scream from Miranda's room. She was about to make her way towards the woman's room when she heard a child's scream behind her. Before she can turn back, someone slightly pushed her out of the way.

As her eyesight adjusted to the dark, Jisoo saw how one of the triplets' head was already rolling on the floor. Wide eyed, she finally noticed that Yoongi was standing in front of her, his grip on his sword, Soul Reaper, tightened. 

"Jin went down to save Miranda. He felt like there are others down there too. Go after him. I'll follow you two after I send these pesky children to Tartarus." Yoongi explained fast, Soul Reaper now in front of him if ever one decides to lunge at them again. 

"Do you have an idea what monsters these are?" asked Jisoo

"Changelings." Yoongi answered and aimed his sword towards another boy who came from inside the room. "Go now, Jisoo!" 

Jisoo left as Yoongi fought the last two changelings. She knew Yoongi can finish them off so she tried to run faster to find Jin.

As soon as she got down the last step, she heard someone screaming - Miranda's voice, just under the staircase. Once she found where the switch was, she tried turning the lights on but to no avail. Instead, she ripped the curtains off its rods so that the light can pass through the windows. 

"Thanks for the lights!" Yoongi yelled from upstairs, finishing off the last changeling in front of him. 

Jisoo didn't wait for him to come down and just went to the door where she heard the noises before. Opening it without hesitation, a foul smell - a mixture of blood, and decaying body - greeted Jisoo. The room was dark, with no windows to shed them some light from outside so she didn't close the door. However, when Yoongi finally entered the room, the door closed itself shut, filling the room with darkness once again. 

Controlling her breathing, Jisoo tried to summon another light from her palms, enabling her to see where Jin stood.

"What are you doing?!" Jisoo asked

"Getting my mirror." Jin said, still looking at his bag. 

"Seriously? Now is not the ti-" 

"Hush!" Jin stopped her, pulling out his compact mirror from his bag. "Now, come closer to me."