Chapter 3: Why Did I Do That?

Kayle waved her hand in front of me bringing me back to present day. I blinked a few times before looking back to Kayle. “What are you thinking about?” she asked.

“I was just thinking about the day you introduced yourself to me.” I said smiling more to myself than to Kayle. She gave me a confused expression.

“What’s so funny?” She asked tilting her head to one side. She looked so lost it made me laugh.

“Well, I have always known your name. You just didn’t know mine.” I said shyly looking down at my shoes.  Kayle was shocked when she heard this.

“WHAT?!?!”  I couldn’t hold in my laughter at her expression. She looked like she was just told a juicy rumor. “How do you know that I didn’t know your name?” She asked defensively. Uh oh. She seems mad. “I don’t know. I’m sorry if I got you mad. Please don’t be mad at me.” I begged, giving her my puppy eyes. Her expression softened.

“I’m not mad and for your information, I did know your name. You don’t think I know that you get to class 15 minutes earlier just to wait for me to come through the door? ” At her comment, I blushed. How did she know? I didn’t tell her, so who did? There was only one person who knew about this and that would be my best friend, Jamie. Dam her! I’m really going to give her a piece of my mind when I see her. She started to laugh when my mouth formed an “O” shape. “Yeah, you didn’t know that now did you?”

“Dam it. So you purposely asked me for my name to get me to talk to you?” I asked. She ignored my question and started walking down the stairs. I followed her, repeating my question to make sure she heard me but she wouldn’t tell me. She just turned back and glared at me. I took that as my cue to shut up and never asked her that again.

Kayle’s POV

Adian walked besides me in silence. Finally, Adian stopped asking me that question. I didn’t want to tell her that it had been a bet to talk to her. I feel so guilty for agreeing to the bet but I’m glad I did because I wouldn’t have met her. I love her so much and I don’t want to hurt her so I have kept this a secret from her for the past five months we have been together. Maybe it was time I told her. Adian must have sensed that I was getting upset and she grabbed my hand in hers. “Are you okay? If I upset you, I’m sorry.” She’s so caring, how am I going to tell her what I have done?  I answered as honest as I could. “You didn’t upset me.” I didn’t know what else to say so I stopped talking. She gave my hand a squeeze and asked “Do you want to go get some coffee?” changing the subject. I nodded my head and she nodded hers. Then that was the end of that conversation.

We reached the car and opened the car door for me to get in. I thanked her and sat in the passenger seat as I watched her walk around the car to get to the driver’s side. She opened the car door and hopped in. The ride was a rather quiet one. It gave me a chance to think about what to do and how I’m going to tell her.

We finally got to the coffee shop and we ordered the usual. Adian got a cappuccino and I got a caramel mocha latte. We sat at a table for two, sitting across from each other. I watched as she took a sip of her coffee and it made me smile. She saw and asked “What?” giving me a curious look.

“Nothing. It’s just, the way you drink your coffee reminds me of our first date.” She couldn’t help but shyly smile at me.  “Do you remember?” She nodded and the flashback started.

Kind of short. Sorry =( but I hope you enjoyed this part =)