EPILOGUE

Things I learned during Liam's best-man speech:

1. It was love at first sight for Ethan

2. Liam made him promise to never break my heart. Luckily for him, he escaped punishment by moving halfway across the world.

3. He has never seen Ethan so happy now that he had finally married his person.

That person was me. Mrs. Charlotte Margaret Moore.

I look at my husband and he sweeps me into his side. The night is so enchanting, it feels like I stepped into a dream.

A dream that I never want to wake from.

Turning my attention to Sophie, baby Charlie coos in her arms. We eat and laugh under string lights brushing the red flowers with warm shades of gold. I reach for my champagne glass, my gleaming gold wedding band sits beside my ruby ring. The red gem catches in the light. Fire and passion. Ethan and Me.

My eyes slide to Ethan's hand as he grabs his drink. My pulse jumps at the sight. If there's anything sexier than Ethan wearing his wedding ring, I've never seen it. Have I been staring at it like a weirdo since I slipped it on his finger? You betcha.

Feeling the hot weight of Ethan's gaze, I turn to him and instantly smile. I'm pretty sure I'll never get tired of this. Of us.

He grins and leans in, his voice drops to a whisper, "as beautiful as you look in that dress, Charlotte, I can't wait to get you out of it."

My heart rate increases. "What makes you think you're getting lucky tonight?" I say with a teasing smirk.

"Oh, you have already made me the luckiest guy in the world."

The music begins, breaking us from our moment.

Ethan reaches for my hand, "can I have this dance?"

I place my hand in his, "it would be my pleasure."

He leads me to the dancefloor. The sound of cheers follows us. Then Ethan brings me in close and we dance. Our eyes locked. Our hearts intertwined.

"I love you, pretentious ass."

"I love you," he responds, his eyes glossy with moisture. "Thank you for believing in our everlasting love."

He gives me a tender kiss that makes me believe in fairytales. I have finally gotten my happily ever after.

Thanks for reading The Ex <3