A drunken day

Days passed like a slow pace. And the grief of losing him seems more painful. The wounds on my back slowly started to heal. It wasn't hurting so bad now. I felt only a slight pain. Its been a few weeks since I got those. The physical pain started to heal. But what about the pain I felt deep inside my heart? It could only be healed if he would come back on some other day. It's hopeless. I could only wish for that to happen. Brother told me to go outside to calm myself. I decided to go out.

I mounted on to my sword and went to the Caiyi town at Gusu. As usual the people in Gusu are talking loud. Vendors were selling their products enthusiastically. I wanted to walk so I landed on to the ground. Walking for some moments, I passed a tea shop. There were lots of people talking cheerfully at the teashop. My throat was feeling a bit parched. I wanted to have some tea. I took a seat and ordered some tea. While drinking the tea I saw many cultivators on the other side of the table. They were talking cheerfully to the other people who weren't cultivators. I listened to their conversation while sipping the tea. My brows twitched.

“Great news! Wei WuXian has died!”

Less than a day has passed since the siege in LuanZang Hill, and the news spreads through the cultivation world as if it sprouted wings, surpassing even the speed of warfare.

For a while, from the most prominent clans to rogue cultivators, everyone is discussing the siege that was lead by the Four Great Clans and followed by hundreds of smaller ones on that tea shop.

“The YiLing Laozu has died? Who could have killed him?”

“Who other than his shidi, Jiang Cheng, putting an end to his own relative for the greater good. Jiang Cheng led the Four Clans of YunmengJiang, LanlingJin, GusuLan, and QingheNie to destroy his “den”—LuanZang Hill.”

“I must say, good riddance!”

“Good riddance indeed! We finally eliminated this scourge.”

“If not for the YunmengJiang clan’s adopting and teaching him, he would have been a hobo living on the streets, let alone causing mayhem as bold as the ones these days. The head of the Jiang clan raised him as her own child, yet he defected them and became the enemy of the cultivation world, bringing shame upon the the Jiang clan, even leading to its near-extermination. He is the prime example of biting the hand that feeds him!”

“Jiang Cheng allowed this fellow to live for too long. If I were him, at the time of the defection, I wouldn’t have just stabbed him. In fact, I would have thoroughly examined the disciples of the clan again, so that he doesn’t do those crazy things he did later on. Who cares about the so called ‘considerations’ that he gave to his childhood friend.”

“That’s merely hearsay. Although Jiang Cheng was one of the main forces, he did not give Wei WuXian the final blow. Because he cultivates the Demon Path, Wei WuXian’s powers had backfired and he was ripped to pieces.”

“Hahahaha… That’s karma! The ghost soldiers that he created are like unleashed dogs, biting everyone that they come across. It serves him right to be chewed to death!”

“But, if not for Jiang Cheng making a plan that aimed at Wei WuXian’s weaknesses, the siege might not have succeeded. Should I remind you folks of the item that Wei WuXian possesses? Did you forget about the day that three thousand skilled cultivators were completely annihilated?”

“I heard that it was more than three thousand, possibly five thousand.”

“He’s most certainly out of his mind.”

“It’s a good thing that he destroyed that evil weapon before he died. Otherwise, if it was left in this world to harm humankind, his sins would have been worse.”