Pain

I woke up after a few hours later. And then I noticed I wasn't at the ancestral hall anymore. I was at my room, in the jingshi. And then I felt someone's presence behind me. I looked behind and saw who it was. It was my brother. His eyes were in tears. He was washing my back using water and was wiping with a cloth. I asked, "how did I get here?"

Brother said, "Wangji, you're awake. You passed out after receiving those whips so I asked some disciples to carry you to your room."

Wiping those wounds after when I awake, I felt the real excruciating pain. I screamed. "Ahh"

The sound of my scream echoed around inside and outside. This time I couldn't hide my numbness anymore. I cried and screamed in agony. Brother comforted me. "Wangji, I didn't mean to hurt you. But your wounds must be treated. Bear with it for a while, after applying the medicine then I'll bandage your wounds."

I couldn't hold back my tears. I sniffled and winced in pain. He applied the medicine. Applying the medicine was even more excruciating. I screamed. Noise is forbidden in the cloud recesses. I couldn't help but to shout. "Ahh".

Brother said, "I haven't finished applying the medicine yet. A little more. I can understand what you feel. It will be over in a few moments."

I nodded in difficulty. He continued to apply the medicine on my back. I winced. Tears were flowing down from my eyes.

A few moments later, Brother asked, "Wangji, get up. I need to bandage your wounds. Let me help you to get up."

Brother pulled me to get up from my bed. I sat on the bed and brother bandaged my wounds.

I spoke, "Xiong Zhang, I want to ask you something."

Brother asked, "what is it, Wangji?"

With a pause I asked him in return, "Xiong Zhang, Was I really wrong?"

Brother wiped his tears and said, "Same as you, I cannot say that you did right or wrong. You protected the person you love so dearly."

I asked, "Xiong Zhang, you knew about this all along?"

Brother nodded and said, "yes. I know you better than anyone. I can see it from your eyes. I see the way you looked at him."

I said in difficulty, "I didn't mean to harm the elders."

Brother hugged me and stroked my back, "I know. You didn't mean to. It's okay. That matter is over. Take rest. You need rest." I felt a bit happy. Atleast my brother is there to understand what's on my mind. Thank you Xiong Zhang for your kind words. I stroked my brother's back gently and hugged him back. I fell asleep in his arms.