Two rabbits

Shufu returned to the cloud recesses from qinghe in the next day. After his return the calm mood of him has changed within a second when the seniors told about our punishment that received yesterday. He was angry because I received the punishment with him. he didn’t make Wei Ying go to the Library Pavilion to copy the Lan Sect’s sect rules again, but simply gave him a harsh scolding in front of everyone. Without the parts where he quoted ancient scriptures, it all boiled down to how he had never seen someone so unruly and shameless before, so please get lost, as soon and as far as possible. Please don’t go near the other pupils, and especially refrain from tainting his favorite one—me.

As shufu scolded,  he only grinned while listening, feeling no humiliation or anger at all.

I felt sad because shufu scolded him. The waterborne abyss in Caiyi Town created a great deal of trouble for our Sect. It was impossible to completely destroy it, and our Sect couldn’t chase it to somewhere else like the Wen Sect did. The sect leader of the Lan Sect that is my father qingeng Jun was in secluded meditation most of the time, so my shufu used all of his energy on this matter. With the lessons becoming shorter and shorter, Wei ying's time spent with his friends in the mountains became longer and longer. The days passed like in a super speed. And even months had passed.

One fine morning I was in the library pavillion. By seeing this library pavillion it reminds me of the days he came here to copy the righteousness and conducts of our sect and I was put in charge to watch him. This is the same place he gave me that beautiful portrait not to mention he teased me with the pornographic book. Apart from these, the wet dream I had seen about him, the location where this dream sequence happened were on this place, the place were ancient scriptures and piles of books. My cheeks were burning when I think about it. How silly of me?

I was copying ancient scriptures then suddenly when I looked down on the outside I saw him walking with some disciples including Jiang wanyin and nie huaisang. I felt jealous. He intended on going outside with a group of seven or eight people again. As they passed our Library Pavilion, he looked through the drape of magnolia branches, and he could just about to see me sitting alone by the window. He saw me and smiled. But I kept a cold face.

They are having such a good time and me, I'm sitting alone copying scriptures and other things. My brother advised me to talk with them but I'm too shy. I am not use to these interactions. I don't talk often and I don't smile. Then who will ever come and talk with me ? Play with me? Most disciples are really scared of me as if I'm a ghost. He is the only person that came to me bravely to talk with me and I don't know what to do.

I didn't follow him today because I was busy with copying. They only returned to the Cloud Recesses when the time almost reached noon. I was sitting before the desk, organizing the stack of paper which I wrote on, as I heard a creaking noise coming from the window. I looked up to see someone hop inside. It was him. You're back. I'm happy.

He came up by climbing the magnolia tree outside of the Library Pavilion. His face was beaming, “Lan Zhan, I’m back! Did you miss me? Huh? Without me copying texts for these past few days?”

Did you miss me? I missed you so much that I want to lock you up in my jingshi and never let you go.

But I controlled myself and gazed him in cold look. I continued to organize the pile of books with a numb expression. He deliberately interpreted my silence, “I know, even if you don’t say it, that you definitely missed me. Or else, earlier on, why did you look at me through the window?”

I was shocked. He figured out what's on my mind. But I shouldn't expose my deepest darkest secrets. So I kept silent. I immediately shot him a glance, his  silver eyes full of silent accusations. He sat atop the windowsill, “Look at you, rising to the bait after just a few sentences. You’re so easy to catch. This way, you won’t be able to maintain your composure.”