A terrible fate

A few hours when the 1 month celebration was celebrating at Jinlintai later we were shocked to hear a terrifying news from a Lanling Jin sect disciple.

"The ghost general went mad"

"He killed, he killed him. Wei WuXian made the Ghost General kill Jin ZiXuan!"

It was a huge loss. Actually the backstory behind the incident is that Jin Zixun was suffering from the hundred hole curse. He was suspecting it was cursed by Wei Ying. But how is that possible? Wei Ying never created any trouble for a year. How come this pop up an year later? So he gathered a few disciples and lead to towards qionqi road to attack him. Wei Ying commanded Wen Ning to defend himself. But somehow he lost his control. Jin zixuan came in between them, that leads to his death.

Jin Guangshan was shocked and his face was red with anger. When Madam Jin heard the news she was devastated.

They brought Jin Zixuan and Jin Zixun's bodies at Jinlintai. Wen Ning killed both of them. If Jin Zixun got the hundred hole curse, it would be backfired to the person who cursed him. But I don't understand who it is.

"They deserve to die, Wen dogs they don't deserve to live."

"Both of them never participated in killings. They did their duty to give medicinal help." I spoke up.

But it didn't create any impact upon the rest of the cultivators at Jinlintai.

It was a huge crisis for the cultivation world. The Lanling Jin sect send people to give a few words at Luanzang hill to Wen Qing and Wen Ning. The Lanling Jin Sect wanted an answer from him. The answer is to hand over the two leaders of the remaining Wen Sect members, especially the Ghost General.

Wen Qing and Wen Ning surrendered themselves at Jinlintai that evening. They were burned alive by the jins privately. While his sister was burning alive in front of him Wen Ning lost control and he killed a few of our disciples. There was no news about Wei Ying. I was truly worried about him.

I rushed towards Luanzang hill to see if he was there. They Wen remanants saluted me. Fourth uncle asked, "Hanguang Jun, You're looking for Wei Gongzi right?"

I nodded and said, "where is he? Is he here?"

Sixth uncle said, "no, he is not here. We don't know, he rushed outside when he woke up. He was resting for three days. Qing Gunya needled him to sleep. After the effect is over he got outside without saying any words."

All of them were crying. Looking at their sunken eyes I understood that they didn't slept for three days. I saluted them and left.

Wei Ying, where are you? I need you. I mounted on my sword to the places he supposed to go. To Jinlintai, To lotus cove. There are no traces about where he was gone.

Will he went to Buyetian? I thought. Today there is pledge conference at Buyetian tonight. My brother and the rest of the Gusu lan sect disciples are present in the conference. Since brother is the sect leader of our Gusu lan sect, he is also accompanied by shufu.

I couldn't do anything. I was helpless.

I landed on the ground at the foot of Qishan. When I landed I saw many cultivators were injured and exhausted as if they were beaten up by someone.

They immediately felt their backs lighten up. Someone exclaimed, "I can move!"

A few of them got up and saw my sword glare.

Holding back pain, the cultivator who had broken his legs spoke, "Han-... HanGuang-Jun!"

I walked beside him and got down, pressing on his legs to check his wounds. His injuries weren't too severe. I got up, but before I could speak, the cultivator continued, "HanGuang-Jun, you've come too late. Wei WuXian just went!"

Quite a few people knew that in the past few days, I had been searching everywhere for the whereabouts of Wei Ying. Someone hurriedly shouted, "Yeah, he's been gone for less than an hour!"

I asked them, "What did he do? Where is he going?"

The people immediately started complaining, "He fought with us without a care for anything and almost killed all of us right there on the spot!"

My fingers, hidden beneath the snow-white sleeves, twitched slightly. However, I quickly loosened them.

The cultivator quickly added, "But he said already that he was going to the Nightless City to account for things with the Four Great Sects!"

After the QishanWen Sect was destroyed, the main palaces of Nightless City had become a magnificent, yet empty pile of ruins.

I rushed to Buyetian mounting on to my sword.