You nod slowly, deciding to keep your anger in check. If Dark, a demon of Mark, can do it, then so can you. "So, the fans basically brought you and this other version of Mark into existence?"

He nods. "Mark also brought us into creation himself. But there isn't just two of us. Myself and a couple of other creations are well known amongst the fans. But, if the fans see any other creations and support the given creation enough, it will be brought into existence. So there are thousands of possibilities."

"Jesus.." you murmur, rubbing your forehead. "And where are all these other... alter egos?"

Dark shrugged. "Separate realms, different parts of the world, inside Mark's soul. They could be anywhere. But the more powerful creations are able to travel between realms or dimensions or universes, like myself and the creation I was talking to."

"So was that creation a demon, too?" you ask, sitting down on the dining chair next to the one Dark sits in.

Dark shakes his head. "That creation is... a human, of sorts. I don't know; his entity is not clear at most points. Which probably means he's something much more different than the rest of us creations."

You give a nod, knowing that Dark wouldn't shed much more light on the creation he was talking to. "You know, you're actually not that bad of a psychotic demon. You and Mark share a lot of traits," you murmur, leaning your head on your hand and fiddling with the tablecloth. Dark smiles slightly, and replies, "That's the same for most of the creations. Most of the time the alter ego has it's own traits, but if it is apart of Mark it cannot get away without a few of his personality traits. Some may take away his friendly nature, others his sluggish nature, some even his silly side. It all comes down to fate and the decisions of the fans, or Mark himself."

"Mark can decide which characteristics or traits his alter egos can take away from him when they come into existence?" you ask, meeting Dark's eyes. He nods and drums his fingers on the table. "Yes, he can. Only on occasions when he's has enough strength or willpower. It's a very confusing matter, to say the least. Even confusing to me."

Everyone has to deal with their own demons, you think. "So, did he choose yours? Or did you just get lucky?"

Dark's mouth quirks up at the corner. "It was pure luck, or pure unfairness, to me. He got to choose what traits I got away with."

You laugh slightly. "Right..."

The pregnant pause settles before you ask the obvious question that's been hanging in the air between the both of you. "Are you gonna tell me who that was, then?"

Dark shakes his head. "You'll see, soon enough," he replies. "Anyway, you need to get back to sleep. I still have to talk with... it."

You sigh and ask Dark if he could make you fall asleep, since you know you won't be able to, not with the disturbance of tonight. He nods and you retreat back into your bedroom, shutting the door and slipping underneath the sheets of the bed. Your eyes slip close, and before you fall asleep, Dark's words echo back to you: you'll see soon enough. Before you can wonder what the this means, you fall into a deep sleep.

Your eyes open as you hear the steady beating of a heart monitor. Your vision is fuzzy as a private hospital room comes into focus around you. Your vision clears, and you see balloons and cards and get well gifts left on a table near the door. An oxygen mask is over your mouth and nose. You feel so tired, so sleepy. Your breathing keeps even as you look all over the room.

Then, you see Mark.

He's sitting in a chair on your right side. Your heart swells as you try to yell at him, but you can't. Your steady breathing and heartbeat monitor that beeps loudly in the too-quiet room remains the same. You can't even lift a finger. You look at Mark, powerless as your heart hurts at the sight of him. He has great shadows under his eyes, and the whites of his eyes are bloodshot from the lack of sleep. His hands are intertwined, back bowed with exhaustion, elbows are on knees as he taps his feet. His gaze wanders around the room every so often, but they always end up resting on you eventually.

He stands up, walking to the door. You want to yell at him to come back, but he just closes the door and comes to sit back down again. You see something crack inside of him, then he lurches out and grips your right hand.

"(Y/n), please, c'mon. It's been two weeks. You can't do this, (y/n). Your whole family's up and staying in a hotel near here. We're worried sick, everyone's losing sleep. We miss you. I don't want you to..."

He takes a breath.

"Want you to die," he whispers out

His head lowers, his shoulders shaking violently. "P- p- please, (y/n).. if you can hear me, wake up. I can't... I can't bear knowing that he did something to you, that he has you, away from me. Come back, please. For me."

You feel tears slide down your cheeks, and you want to reach out and touch him, but you can't. He looks back up at your face, eyes scouring to see if there is any sign of a reaction, before he takes a deep breath in and wipes his tears hastily away, sniffling.

"I know he did this to you," Mark repeats, his voice still shaky. "I know that bastard came in. I blacked out in my room, in the middle of recording a game, and woke up on my bed. I'm gonna kill him when I see him again. I swear to God, Dark'll pay for this. I swear to God, (y/n). And if he kills you.."

His voice has become hard and harsh as he talks about Dark, and you feel slightly scared for Mark's own well being, but also Dark's. You want to so badly let him know that you're okay. You want to reach out to him and tell him that everything is okay, that you're fine. Your vision starts to blacken around the edges as the room door opens, and your immediate family comes in. They smile at Mark, who smiles back, masking his weakness and his tears, a shield brought down so quickly that you believe he was never crying. He walks towards the door, your gaze following him, stopping and turning to look at you. You can see the hardness in his eyes, and you suddenly understand how hard it is for him. How hard everything is for him.

You grit your teeth and clench your fists, allowing the blackness to swallow you. One thought remains: you will talk to Dark. And you will make it back into the real world.