8. Wilford Warfstache.

After you and Dark had come to a mutual agreement, you two decided to play Portal 2 together. Since you had slept for nearly ten hours, you were wide awake. It had turned out that Dark was an insomniac, so you two kept quiet as to not wake up Mark throughout the night.

When the early morning rolled around, the briefest hour of sunlight filtered through the clouds. It then turned cloudy and dark, storm sounds rolling in from the east. Just as Mark woke up it began to pour down, making the apartment cold and miserable, just like the weather. Mark had recorded games while you had gone about your daily business, getting more and more somber as the day went on.

Which brings you to now, mid-afternoon. You're slumped on the lounge, scrolling through your Twitter. There isn't much else to do; Mark's still recording; Dark is keeping to himself in your room. You and Mark had to start sharing his room due to the new guest, and you were both slightly hesitant, but you dealt with it. You decide to get up and walk up the stairs, knocking on Mark's door. Instead of answering, he screams at a game he is playing, making you laugh as you open the door. You're met with Mark taking of his Oculus Rift, saying, "I'm sorry guys, I can't. It's just too much for me."

You wait silently as he does his outro, out of sight, then you walk forward and lean on his computer desk, smiling. "Hey," you murmur, planting a kiss on his forehead.

Mark reaches around you and shuts the camera off, smiling. "Hey," he replies, pecking you on the cheek. He sits back down at takes his headphones off, clicking on his mouse a few times before looking up at you expectantly. You shrug.

"I just wanted to come and see what you were up to, that's all," you say at his look. He shrugs and 'mmphs' at you, before going back to the computer. You sigh, pondering what you should ask him, while fiddling with the foam wall.

"Hey.." you say, glancing at him. Mark turns in his chair and looks at you.

"Look, I wanted to know, and I know this isn't a bad time. But, I wanted to know, who is Wilford? And what the hell is going on with Dark? And.. he mentioned something about taking with him to somewhere. What's all that about?"

Mark sighs and rubs his face, yawning. He looks at you for a moment, then calls out loudly, "Dark! Get in here!"

Dark comes a couple of seconds later, sitting on the bed. "Is this about re-teaching you about all the crap that comes with Mark?" Dark asks. You nod.

Dark gives a nod at Mark, who turns around in his chair to look at you. "Okay," he says with a deep breath, "You know how my fans have these theories and these fanfictions, videos, etcetera, about my split personalities or alter egos? Well, what they write or create is truth, almost. The thing is that if some versions of me are believed to exist, they become reality. Basically, any character or version of me comes from the fans or myself. Dark was a guarantee right from the beginning, because he is my dark side walking."

You nod, processing everything. "So, essentially, a part, or character, of you gets created if it's supported by the fans?"

Mark nods. "None of them know how much of a part they have in Dark's existence. Back in my old videos, when Dark appeared every now and then, that was when he was still inside me. Now that he's out, it explains why there are so little videos with him nowadays."

"And Wilford is a completely different story," Dark interjects, looking at you both with a thoughtful expression. "He came from Mark, of course, and was originally a cheerful guy. But something happened to him; something snapped. He has the knowledge that, if he kills Mark, he could be immortal. I've thought about killing Mark, too, but I can't. None of the creations or alter egos can kill Mark, no matter how powerful."