4. Dreams.

Your eyelids flash open as your eyes get used to the darkness of your room, still alien enough that sometimes you wake not knowing where you are, but other times comforted by the feel of the mattress.

You're on your side, looking towards the en suite connected to your room. It's officially a month since Dark first dragged you into this place, away from your family and friends, not to mention Mark. Your heart gives a pang as they all cross your mind again, making you sigh. You realise that tonight, your dreams haven't been plagued by Dark's twisted horrors and weird freak show visions. You think that it's probably just because he has some business to attend to, like he has before a couple of times now, but curiosity gets the better of you. Maybe he's up to something... maybe that something could grant you a ticket out of here.

It's a stupid thought, and you know it's a stupid hope to hold, too. But that hasn't stopped you from trying thus far.

You slip out from underneath the sheets, touching the soft carpet with your toes gently. You walk towards the closed door and open it quietly, your eyes immediately landing on the living room.

Dark is sitting on the lounge on the left side of the room, and his lips are moving as he talks to someone who's back is to you. He doesn't notice you. Your eyes land on the figure, and you realise something very similar about the figure... could it be Mark?

Your heart swells as a smile stretches across your lips. You run out, towards the living room, yelling out, "Mark!"

Dark's face turns towards you, then the figure also turns towards you. You're just about to see his face before you're blocked by Dark, who has an arm around your chest.

"Dark!" you yell, gripping his arm and trying to force it out of the way. "Let me get through! That's-"

You manage to move Dark out of the way, and your eyes land on an empty living room, glued to the place you saw the figure sitting at before. You stand stock still, your hope fading fast.

"But.. Mark.." you murmur. Dark's arm moves out of the way as you look up at him. Tears sting your eyes as you shove him away from you.

"(Y/N), it wasn't Mark-"

"Bullshit it wasn't! How could you do that?! That's the fifth time I've wanted to get out of here! Do you know how much I miss him? I... I just want to get home-" you break off, your voice cracking slightly. You lift your eyes up to Dark's, and see hurt flash in them before he regains his posture.

"It wasn't Mark!" he growls, his eyes flashing pitch black. You glare up at him, fuming, your own anger matching his.

"I'm not taking that lie. You'll do anything to keep me here. What did you talk with him about?"

Dark is fuming by this point. He runs a hand over his face, glowering at you. He doesn't say anything, but just points behind you. You assume he means for you to go back to your room before he goes apeshit, but you don't move. You fold your arms over your chest. You don't want to leave until you get answers.

Dark growls something incomprehensible and moves to sit down on a dining table chair. He sighs and calms himself down, breathing in and out slowly. "You're a hard person to work with, did you know that?"

"I don't care," you reply curtly, arms crossed.

"Look, Mark is in the real world. He's perfectly fine. He is aware that you are missing, as is everyone who knows you. But in no way would I ever want to consult with him what to do with you. But here's a slight explanation. I am a creation of Mark's fans. And I'm not the only creation by them. I was talking to another creation who has been brought into existence."