chapter 34

Jake

She's being too hard on herself, I mean I also want to find Luke too but not eating, not sleeping she's risking her health and could get a heart attack if she doesn't stop. I've tried everything humanly possibly to get her to eat a least a slice of bread but my efforts have been futile. 

I went downstairs and found her staring at her phone hard enough to shatter it with her eyes and when the phone rang I panicked. Did she do that, perhaps she's a witch, she does have their nasty glare.

I was about to tiptoe back upstairs when I heard her say "Hello detective Chris'' after a while she stood up and said '' I'll be on my way''.  I was glad that she wasn't actually a witch but then again I'm still not sure about that one, Then I wondered what was so urgent.

''To where'' I asked from behind as she grabbed her coat, she hesitated before turning around to address me ''To see my sister, they've found her''.

''I'm coming with you'' I replied.

''No'' she replied.

''I am, don't argue with me Luke's also my son and I'm just as concerned as you are, so I'm coming along and there's nothing you can do''

She shot me one of those glares and I wished the ground would open up and swallow me.

''Fine but don't you dare cause a scene. We all know how much you hate her''

''I can't make promises but I'll see what I can do'' I replied picking up my coat and car keys before I remembered I was tying a robe.

''You have five minutes or I'm leaving without you!!'' she yelled after me as I dashed upstairs. I wore a gray t-shirt and jeans, when I went back downstairs, she was already in the car waiting as I switched off the lights, grabbed my coat and got into the car as we drove quickly to the station.

It was a five minutes drive but it felt longer and I was wishing with all my heart that Nancy was a man so I could beat her up without being called a coward.

When we finally got there I wasted no time as I parked the car and dashed inside only to be pulled back by Trisa ''Promise me you won't do anything'' she pleaded this time.

One look at her and I couldn't refuse, I nodded.

Trisa

He nodded but I still didn't trust him not to create a scene and as we went in to the interrogation room. I saw Nancy and my heart broke. She didn't look anything like the Nancy I knew, this imposter was looking disheleved with scattered hair, wild eyes and a torn white gown, kind of like those horror movie pschopaths. 

On seeing me she got up and made her way towards me I was actually scared and moved back a bit, Jake seemed to have noticed and pulled me to his side.

She had red wild eyes as she said ''I'm sorry for everything Trisa but please don't believe them I didn't kidnap your son. I didn't even know you had a son'' she looked so vulnerable. I moved forward and held her hands.

''I believe you, I know you didn't''

''Then what where you doing in the park, where hewas kidnapped?'' Jake asked angrily.

She looked behind me and gave him a look like they shared a secret somehow I pretended not to notice as I urged her to answer the question.

''I was tired of staying at that facility, especially now that I can walk and move around, I was tired of being a liability'' 

''When exactly did you find out that you could walk and move around cause according to Trisa the nurses only said you were able to move your hands'' Chris asked

''I don't exactly know but I didn't reveal too much cause I didn't want anyone to know I could move around cause after evrything I did I was supposed to be thrown in jail but that fall helped me escape that possibility and i guess i felt if anyone found out I was fully recovered they'd want to throw me in jail'' she explained.

''Hmm that's funny cause we went deeper into the investigation and found out that you fell on a nearby rock and lost consciousness, the only problem you had was a small bleeding in the head, some fractures, slight cuts and bruises but nothing more, we interrogated the doctor and we have him in custody now. So you can drop the act'' Chris revealed.

I dropped her hands ''That's not true the facility....''

''The facility was in it too apparently the money you and Jake send to her every month plus the money she estorted from Ethan goes to them and they desperately needed it so they had to play along'' he explained further.

I slapped her ''You liar, you're nothing more than a manipulative devil'' I slapped her again.

''You used me'' another slap.

''Deceived me'' another slap.

''Ruined my life'' another slap.

''Tried to kill me'' the hardest slap yet back handed.

I grabbed a fist full of her hair ''well you see I won't keep quiet anymore, I'm not that weak girl you used to know, so if you love your life start talking where's my son'' I siad angrily flinging her as she fell to the ground. Chris and his partner tried to stop me but Jake stopped them.

''I don't know where your son is and before you go calling me things you should know your husband isn't so innocent''. she said menacingly.

''Yeah, you heard me, ask him what happened last year on the 16th of March.

What happened on the 16th of March I wonder, well you'll just have to keep reading to find out and please don't forget to vote, comment and enjoy!!