chapter 20

Trisa
He tried to break into the bathroom too. I opened the door.
"Enough!!!" I yelled.
"What makes you think you can rule my life, you don't own me. Stop acting like you do I'm sick of being you're little scared puppet". I snapped.

More like something snapped inside of me.

He held my cheeks so tight I could taste blood. I tried to remove his hand but his grip was too tight.

"Get this into your head, I'm your master, you're my servant, my wife, my puppet and you'll do as I say without complaining. You were always an obedient wife but ever since you returned to England you suddenly lost your senses. You think you can disrespect me and hand me over to the cops?
I'll teach you a very good lesson for this" he shot back before removing his hand from my cheek, only to take hold of my wrist.

I yanked my wrist out of his grip and did something I couldn't imagine ever doing to him in my life time.
I slapped him, a hot slap leaving my hand print imprinted on his face.

He was taken aback as he held the side of his face aghast.
"Did you just slap me" he asked clearly in denial.

"No I just massaged your face" I replied sarcastically.

He slapped me so hard I fell to the ground clutching my face. I tried to get up but stumbled. He picked me up and held me by my neck pinning me to the wall. My vision had started to blur and I was fading.

"I'm going to kill you, to finally put an end to my mistake of a wife" he said his grip tightening around my neck.

I reached out to my small dresser beside the wall my hand got hold of my body spray. I took it and sprayed it right in his eyes blinding him. He screamed in agony as he quickly removed his hand from my neck. I fell to the fall coughing wildly.
I clutched my neck trying to recover from the cough.

I limped towards the door I had just started to feel the pain on my foot from when I stepped on the broken pieces of the vase. It hurt so bad and I had lost and was still losing so much blood that I stumbled, thankfully Ethan was still blind sighted by the spray.

I got up again only to fall back down, I was starting to lose consciousness when to my utmost delight I heard Jake calling my name as he ran up the stairs. At the same time I heard the sound of sirens.

The last thing I remembered was Jake whispering my name, telling me to hang in there and that I'll be fine and lifting me up from the ground before I finally blacked out.

Jake
I finally made it to her house I broke the door to her house down as it was locked and I was freaking out.

The first thing I saw was a broken vase with bloodied foot prints around and it didn't help matters at all. My blood pressure was rising and my heart was pounding profusely inside my chest as I ran upstairs noticing that the bloody foot prints that led up the stairs. I prayed it was Ethan's but it was small and dainty, so I knew it wasn't Ethan but Trisa's.

As I approached the room I heard Ethan's shouts. The room door was broken down.

I found Trisa on the fall barely conscious, her eyes were drooping like she was fighting to stay conscious. The cops had arrived and quickly arrested Ethan again before I could do anything. I wonder how he had managed to escape.

I carried her, whispering her name, telling her that everything would be okay, that I was here now then I put her on the bed and called my friend who also happens to be a doctor. I couldn't call my dad as he was too busy with my mom. While he was still on his way I got the first aid kit and with the little knowledge I had of first aid taught to me by my dad, I got a disinfected the cuts and pulled out some pieces of the broken vase from her feet. Then I got a cotton wool and put pressure on the cuts till the bleedig stopped temporarily. It needed stitching as the cuts were deep I wasn't quite able to stop the bleeding on her foot. I wished I paid more attention when my dad was teaching me, I was never really interested in any thing related to the hospital so I got easily bored and lost in thought but thankfully my friend came in time.

He arrived a few minutes later.
He gently stitched up her foot and placed a band aid around it.

He then prescribed some drugs for her and said she won't be able to walk properly for a couple of weeks and to try as much as possible to stay of her feet, so the cuts would heal nicely. Then he stayed a while as we chatted and caught up on the drama going on in each other's life. He's on his third marriage and says he sure this one would last as he had found the right girl. I knew that feeling really well as I looked at Trisa sleeping peacefully and smiled. He then left.

I stayed with her still wondering how my mum was. I called my sister again.

She said mom's stable but in a critical condition apparently her brakes weren't working so while she drove to the store she couldn't stop the car there by crashing into another car.

I was really worried. I paced around the room waiting for Trisa to wake up just to make sure she's okay before I left.

So what do you guys think, let me know and if you liked this chapter dont forget to like, follow, comment, vote but most importantly enjoy. Thanks for reading.