Fallen Wings

Koneko Pov

Koneko: Can't this thing go any faster?!

Apollo: Listen here, little lady! My chariot is by far the fastest vehicle on both mortal and immortal realms! Now calm down and let me drive!

I huffed. Slightly growling at the pace we are moving.

Ophis: Calm yourself... We still need to prepare for what could possibly be happening back at Kuoh.

Mitzu: Mama... Will Papa be alright?

I stroked my daughter's hair, calming her and implying the fact that Val can handle himself.

Koneko: Your Papa is strong Mitzu... I'm actually concerned at whoever harmed Sona, to be honest.

Ophis: I agree... May the poor bastard die a painful one.

Ophis and I started to chuckle darkly at the poor bastard, making some of the Hunters of Artemis uncomfortable and the rest questioning our sanity.

Val Pov

Kuoh Highschool... Is a wasteland.

The buildings are now piles of rubble, some are still standing but barely. Bodies of unknowns littered the ground, scorch marks and blast marks paint the ground like some twisted art.

But... The thing that absolutely riled me up... Is the fact that Sona and her peerage members are on the ground wounded.

Running to her downed frame, I picked her up and listened for a heartbeat. There is one, but it was slow.

Casting Healing magic on her, her heartbeat started to become stronger. For a few moments, she didn't respond, but soon enough. She woke up, coughing slightly to clear her lungs.

Sona: Val? I-

I shushed her and continued to heal her.

Val: What happened?

She coughed again.

Sona: Kokabiel. He wants to start another war, Val.

Kokabiel... A fallen angel of great status turns out to be some sort of war freak.

Val: I thought your sister, Sirzech and Azazel are having a meeting here?

She heaved.

Sona: Apparently, that was part of Kokabiel's plan. With the Maous and Azazel, it's the perfect place for him to declare war.

Val: Declare war? Is he insane?! Isn't their numbers already all-time low?!

She nodded.

Val: Where is he?

Sona: He's battling Rias and her peerage, the Maous, and Azazel are stuck in some sort of time stop.

I nodded, pulling out an Ancient Potion and gave it to her.

Val: Drink this, my healing magic isn't powerful enough to fully heal you. This should cover your exhaustion as well.

She nodded and drank the potion, immediately her wounds disappeared, and her exhaustion is completely gone.

Val: Now then... Take care of your peerage while I deal with Kokabiel.

She nodded with wide eyes.

Sona: Be careful... He's strong.

I smiled softly and kissed her on the cheek.

Val: Don't worry... I can handle myself.

And with that, I let out my wings and flew straight to where Issei and Kokabiel are fighting.