Devil Beat Down

Val Pov

Val: Had enough?

I raised the Devil with his collar and made him face me.

Devil: hah, not yet.

Before I could block his punch, it turned out to be a fake and kicked me instead. I dropped him and he punched me in the gut, throwing me back by a couple of meters.

I stood straight up and glared at him, allowing red lightning to travel through my form.

Val: if this is going to last longer, why not tell me who you are before you die.

The Devil smirked and glared at me.

Devil: I have no name, I used to but I have long forsaken it.

Val: I see, and by the looks of it you are a hired gun. So tell me, what are you after?

Devil: unfortunately, my contract doesn't say about giving out free info.

He charged at me and aimed a haymaker to my face and I just took it with no damage what so ever.

Devil: impossible!

His eyes widened.

Val: for a human sure, but with me? Haha... You already signed your death.

I punched him on the stomach, making him recoil and double over, Allowing me to deliver a nasty axe kick on his back.

He dropped on the ground and I kicked his face, making him go flying. I then rushed over to him and grabbed him mid air after a jump, did a flip and slammed him down to a pile of rocks below.

I tried to land on him but he managed to move out of the way quickly and recovered a bit.

Devil: I don't smell or sense any magic within you, but you reek of something else, and I cannot put it somewhere.

Val: that would be magic covering up my own magic, and yes. It's far more powerful than you can imagine... Though the last part.

He rushed at me aiming another punch to my face but I caught it.

Val: how about I give you a big hint.

Allowing the magic covering me to dissipate, my arm slowly formed silver scales and black claws, so does my legs and feet growing larger claws with red tips. While my eyes turns to slits and the sides of my face gets covered in silver shiny scales and the red tips of my hair covered more except the roots.

Devil: what the fuck are you.

A bit of fear showed in his eyes.

Val: An Elder Dragon.

I tightened my grip on his fist and pulled, delivering a nasty sucker punch to his gut. Throwing him in the process.

He stood up, but instead of gritting in pain, he's laughing.

Devil: Haha... HAHAHA!

Val: found something funny?

I glared while he continued laughing for a few more seconds.

Devil: haha... In fact yes, to think I would actually fight a dragon... Good thing I brought it

I raised my brow.

Val: and that would be?

Devil: my Sacred Gear.

His right hand glowed and followed how a Knight pulls a sword out from it's scabbard, though the sword in fact came out from his side hilt first, slowly revealing it's length and blade. It looks to be a mimicry of Excalibur from the pictures in museums I've been though not much.

 It looks to be a mimicry of Excalibur from the pictures in museums I've been though not much

Devil: I used to be a Human before... Then I found out about my Sacred Gear, and I got discovered by a Devil Noble who invited me to be a Knight of his Peerage... But I killed him after a few years of being under him... After all, power is everything.

So he's a Rouge Devil.. but how come he isn't monstrous looking.

Devil: say hello to Bruncvik, a legendary Dragon slaying sword named after a Czech man, who left on a journey. Who then later on found this very blade with a single command or authority.... And that is "Blade, Head off" which means it can decapitate anyone and anything with a single swing.

Val: quite powerful I say.

He smirked and rushed at me with even faster speed. Blood spewed everywhere and his mirth turned into agony as the blood that scattered everyone was not mine, but his.

Devil: impossible... Gah! You should've been dead by now!

I jumped back and stared at my bloody hand.

Val: funny how that works huh? I mean... Yes I should be dead considering you aimed for my neck but how is it I'm fine and you're the one bleeding?

He tried his best to stand but ultimately fell on one knee.

Val: allow me to explain in simple words... Your world's rules doesn't apply to me. Meaning... Your sword's Command to "Blade, Head off" is nullified to the point of non-existent.

His eyes widened.

Devil: B-But you're a Dragon! This sword is a Dragon Slayer!

Val: true... But as I stated before, your world's rules doesn't apply to me... After all.

I stared right into his eyes, piercing through his soul.

Val: I am from a different reality.

With that, I showed him my wings. Aimed the openings at him and blasted a concentrated beam from six smaller ones and disintegrateded his body, drowning out his screams of pain.

Val: and that is why, you and any other supernatural being in this reality has little to no control over me.

I calmed down, letting my Half Dragon form revert back to normal and sigh in content. I then turned around looking straight at Yasaka and Kunou with widened eyes and open mouths, clearly in shock.

Val: so... I have a lot to explain huh?

I smiled at them softly... Though rather pained in a way.

I walked back to them and took a sleeping Mitzu into my arms and carried her inside, while Yasaka and Kunou followed suit.

I laid Mitzu on my bed in the guest room and came out to sit in front of a still in shocked Kunou while Yasaka has already composed herself.

Val: so... Where should I begin.

Well.... That's another one in the basket boys and girls. But since some of you are asking where the Riser vs Val is, the next next chapter is the fight... So hold on to your seats... Or ground if you happen to be standing. So yeah, hope you guys like this chapter! SOUL out!!