Frost Bite

Val Pov

Well... That went well, sure I mean. I really didn't stop my mouth from blabbering shit but who knows Boreas has a really good sense of humor... I know... Surprised me as well.

Anyway, once we got permission to roam the area, we immediately went to work.

Apollo: you sure you don't need our help?

Val: dude... I just said that wait for me to test out the waters not don't help me with this.

Apollo: ok ok, damn. You got serious all of the sudden.

I shrugged.

Val: don't ask me how I do that... It just happens, helpful though.

Artemis: Val, what could you tell us about this Barioth thing.

Val: Highly intelligent, brutal fighter, typical Predatory Cat... Except with wings and can slightly control ice... But it's main weapon is his extreme flexibility.

Mitzu: Papa, it's so cold.

Ah... This is why I don't want to bring Mitzu here.

Val: ahh... This is why I don't want to bring you here Mitzu, Ophis. Can please you cast some sort of warming spell on her?

Ophis nodded and I felt cold hands slither around my chest and into my jacket.

Koneko: no need to use that on me... I have my own heater here.

I sighed.

Val: Koneko, were in a middle of a mission and you do this now?

Koneko: hmm~

Ahh... This girl really just want to get into Ophis' nerves.

Ophis: If you don't move, I'll freeze you on the spot.

Koneko blew her a raspberry.

Koneko: do that and I'll be more connected to Val.

Oooh... She got her there.

Ophis: why you!

Val: enough you three... Seriously, the fact that these things aren't affected by The Mist in this place is already a bad thing. I don't want you two to start another cat fight... Pun not intended.

The two just huffed and looked away from each other.

Val: *sigh* why am I getting tortured like this.

Apollo: it's either your freakishly good looks or how you wiggle your way in their hearts.

I, Artemis and her Hunt looked at Apollo like he grew three more heads.

Apollo: what?

Val: coming from someone who is only second to Hermes in the child stat is quite surprising...

He smirked.

Apollo: what can I say? I'm just a wise guy.

Me and the Hunters groaned.

Val: and there it is, anyway. I got a scent... Hard though with this small blizzard going on... Wait... Hold on.

We all stopped. Now that I think of it, this snow storm wasn't happening a little bit earlier.

Val: shit.

Artemis: what is it?

I shushed her... Maybe a bad idea but right now, we need to be quiet.

I signalled Ophis to give me my Glavenus Charge Blade and signalled them to move away from me.

Ophis: what are you doing.