Chapter 61: Alexandre's POV

A/N: Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you for not brutally murdering me last chapter. I also wanted to let you know that Chapter 1 of Inevitable is up. This is the short stories of our favorite characters up. I began with Malikai. I also edited some of Malikai's back story in the beginning for plot purposes. Go check it out <3 Neon

I linked the pack to meet at the pack house. August stayed at home with his mom, still recovering. My pack members trickled in front of the house, sitting on top of cars, enjoying their time. I felt like a bag of bricks, barely able to take a step forward. I carried the news of our lost child, one that I had been anticipating for, one that August was already in love with. One that had been taken away from us.

"Please quiet down," I spoke into the microphone. Slowly but surely, the roar of the crowd died down. "Good evening, pack members. It'll be short tonight." I explained, starting to feel the dread of the news I carried.

I hadn't realized I was quiet for a while until my father put his hand on my shoulder. Snapping me out of the little world I was in. "I'll do it for you, son." I nodded, handing him the mic. I felt out of it, sitting down on the ground, propping my head on my elbows.

"Yesterday afternoon, Alpha Alexandre and Luna August found out the devastating news that their pup did not have a heartbeat." My father paused. "I would like to ask for support from the pack for our family in this time of grieving, this is not news that we want, but it was the hand that the goddess gave us, and the pup is with our goddess."

The crowd was silent; I could almost hear a pin drop. It all started with one mournful howl, the rest of the pack followed suit, filling the night with a serenade of grieving howls. My heart was filled with pride for my pack. I hoped August could hear from the cabin. Maybe that would fill him with some form of hope in this dark time.

My father dismissed the crowd, people made sure to pass by and give me their condolences and wished August well. Being away from my mate for as long as I had been made my skin crawl. I wanted nothing more than to have my Omega in my arms.

My Beta and Delta were the last to confront me. Jaxon only pulled me into a hug, telling me to take as long as I needed with August before I returned. He explained that he would handle everything during this time.

Onyx pulled me into a hug, "You're both strong, everything will be alright with time." She patted my back, burying her face into my chest. "I'm so sorry this even happened."

"We were just so excited, he's so broken up about it, I honestly don't know what to do. I can't take his pain he's feeling from him... I want to kill that bastard that did this to him. From what Kathy said, the knotting he felt was the pup in distress, and we wouldn't have been able to stop this from happening." I explained, she pulled away a solemn look covering her face.

"Don't give up hope," She furrowed her eyebrows in worry.

"I'm not, I just hate seeing him in so much pain." I clutched my chest. "He's in pain, and I can't fix it, it's my fault. I wish I had done things differently that day. I wish I hadn't even made him go with me to the Summit at all... I- I just want his hurt to go away."

"Nothing could have stopped this from happening. Fate would have played out differently. We'll just pray to the goddess that he recovers quickly." I nodded my head. "I'll stop by over there later."

"Thank you, Oyn," I hugged her again, letting her go back to Jaxon.

---

When I arrived home, several cars were out front, as I expected when the news broke about our loss. Family and friends crowded the house, I felt overwhelmed. I navigated my way to my mate, who was being held by his two best friends. He sobbed in their arms, leaning on them for support. It hurt seeing my mate suffering like this. I looked in Jaxon's direction meeting his eyes.