Chapter 24: Alexandre's POV

(Warning: This section of the story contains abuse.)

My mouth was dry when I awoke, my muscles sore and sweat was pooled around my body. I turned my head to the side and noticed I was in the infirmary inside of the house. Confusion filled my mind momentarily before the rush of memories from the other night flooded through my brain. "You did a bad thing young Alpha." Kathy's voice echoes throughout the room. My eyes snapped in her direction. "I don't think your father is going to be too pleased with you kid. I don't think I've seen him that upset in a while, and there's still two days before the full moon."

'Have I really been out for four days?' I thought, the last memories were of me being jabbed with wolfsbane and August being pulled away from me. Dimitri stirred inside, uneasy at the thought of the Omega not being in the room with me.

"The wolfsbane really did a number on you, the antidote can only do so much, your body has to do the rest. When your father told me that he jabbed you three times, I thought you'd be a goner. I think you also went through Rut with the boy too. You by no means rested peacefully the entire time." She handed me a glass of water, I drank it down quickly, as if I had been in a desert for a year without water.

"How is he?" I looked her in the eyes. "August, I mean." Dimitri and I were worried for the little wolf, especially if father had gotten to him.

"He came out of heat yesterday," She replied, sitting in the chair next to me. "They're not going easy on him either... I don't think this is particularly his fault though. He can't necessarily help going into heat. From what he told me it came earlier than normal."

"No it's absolutely not his fault." I rubbed my face. "I couldn't even control Dimitri, he was very adamant." I say, knowing half of what happened at the end was me as well.

"Oh I could tell, you were still growling when I arrived. Despite you being tranquilized with wolfsbane, three doses at that, I was amazed that you were still able awake enough to move around and growl. I assume that's the Alpha gene in you."

"Dunno," I said, knowing the real reason why it didn't take me down as easy. She didn't need to know that though. I closed my eyes, still feeling quite drowsy from the effects. I sit up and rub my eyes trying to wake up. "Thank you for taking care of me Kathy, I guess I'll just go get my punishment sooner rather than later." I get up from the bed.

"I'll see you at the pack house after a while I guess, hopefully he goes easy on you." She stands, putting her hand on my shoulder. "Don't do anything reckless this time."

"Will do," I mumble, waving tiredly over my shoulder as I exit the room. My father, despite being highly respected by the entire pack and country, was less than fair with me. He trained me harder, punished me further than he did my siblings, because I should know better. As if I am not allowed to make mistakes.

This was a big no-no in his eyes though, this was something I couldn't come back from. He specifically had trained me to be around Omega's in heat, but I failed this one hard. I don't particularly understand why this time was any different than the others but I knew that the punishment for acting under impulses was going to be harsh.

He's our mate, how many times do I have to say it? Dimitri's voice booms in my head.

He's not, shut up, you're the reason why I'm walking to my doom right now. I snapped at my wolf, he huffed, keeping silent.

I make it to my father's study, knowing that is where he would most likely be at. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door, awaiting for what was going to happen behind the closed doors.

"Enter." I hear my father's muffled voice from the other side of the oak doors. I opened the door, my father sat at his desk, he was holding papers up, he didn't notice it was me quite yet. I take a few steps forward and he notices my scent. He slammed the papers he was currently looking at down on the desk and scowled at me.

"Hello father." I quietly say as if I were stepping on eggshells.

"I'm disappointed Alexandre," He growled standing from his seat. He then circled around me. "You went through training to prepare yourself for being around Omega's and you still failed to control yourself." He slapped the back of my head, making me flinch in pain.

"I'm sorry father." I whisper, feeling as if I were a child, smaller than him. He stopped once he was standing in front of me. He presses his hand on my chest hard, knocking me down on my ass.

"You're going to become Alpha in a couple of months and I can't trust you right now, what happens when you take over in a few months, hm, are you going to try and mount all of the Omega's in the pack?" He snapped at me, kicking me in the side. I wince in pain, choosing not to respond to his question, knowing it would make the next move even more painful.

"Father, please" I gasped out.

"You growling at me to try and challenge me in front of our new warriors is also an embarrassment." He kicked me in the chest, knocking the wind out of me.

He continued with his punishment, my body was even more sore from the kicks and the scratches from his wolf's talons. This time he had done a number on me, as far as breaking one of my arms, and I'm sure there were a couple of ribs that had been cracked as well. My right eye was swollen shut. I bit back the pain and exited his office, knowing if I had stayed any longer the punishment would be worse. For someone who's going to be the Alpha of this pack in a few months, I looked and felt pathetic.

I was glad my siblings didn't suffer from the same fate as I had. I'm glad few knew about the punishments, not even my mother knew, the only people who truly knew where my broken bones and scratches came from were Kathy, Onyx, and my father. I slid down the wall in the hall, gasping from the fire in my chest, wishing the pain away.

"Onyx," I mind link to my girlfriend.

"Yes dear?" She quickly responded. "You're awake, I'm glad to hear babe."

"Can you please help me get to Kathy's, the punishment was bad this time." I groaned, taking a shaky breath.

"I'll be there in 10, just stay there." She explained breaking the link.