Chapter 33: Alexandre's POV*

(Photo of Jaxon) 

When I opened the door I saw Onyx sitting on top of my Beta's lap, they were wrapped in their own world not even noticing that I was there. They had their lips pressed together, Onyx had her shirt pulled up and Jaxon was kneading her breast with one hand, and the other grabbed on to her hip as she grinded down on him. I cleared my throat, making them aware of their surroundings. They parted from each other, Jaxon still holding onto her breast as if to somewhat hide her. Onyx looked at me with guilt in her eyes.

"Uh, sorry Alpha." Jaxon cleared his throat, grabbing onto the duvet to cover her. She grabbed onto the blanket securing it around her shoulders to cover her exposed chest.

Our families had assumed we were meant to be destined mates since we were young. We had actually slept with each other several times as well; we had been careful, of course. If this happened a few months ago I probably would have reacted differently. I laughed at the two of them, no longer feeling guilty for the kiss I shared with August this afternoon.

"I'm sorry Alex." Onyx's voice squeaked out. Guilt clearly taking over her face. They probably thought I was going mad from my reaction.

"Honestly, I came here to break up with you." I flicked the tears that had fallen from my eyes from my laughter.

"Um, we're mates sir." Jaxon cleared his through my, looking at me with fear in his eyes. Both of them have been my best friends since childhood, he was my Beta for crying out loud. I calmed myself from my laughter and tried to put on a serious face.

"Sir?!" I heaved out, letting out another laughter. "Honestly though Onyx, I did come here to break up with you." I sat on the chair next to her bed. I took in their appearance and noticed that the both of them were stripped of their clothes. I had just walked in on them about to complete their mating process.

"I'm sorry Alexandre, we found out a few weeks ago..." Onyx trailed off.

"It's okay, I just think right now you and Jaxon should hold off on completing the bond. I'm sure the elders, and my father will want us to continue the fiscade until the day I turn 18 anyways. They're so adamant that you'll be the next Luna." I let out a breathy laugh. "I haven't been the best to you anyways, I kissed August this morning, and of course what happened last month at the full moon ceremony and of course what happened on Halloween."

"You were the best to me despite all of that." She smiled, tightening the grip on her comforter.

"Y'know Alpha, you're being a cock block right now." Jaxon growled.

"Jaxon if you fucking call me Alpha one more time, I'm gonna knock your teeth out. You two are my best friends, stop acting like you wronged me because you're mates." I sighed. "Seriously though, I'm happy for the both of you."

"Whatever dipshit, and I can just bite her somewhere else for the time being." Jaxon rolled his eyes. "My wolf is getting pissed, can you see your way out now." He shooed me away from his position on the bed.

"Call me later please? I need to talk to you in more detail about this Onyx." She nodded her head and stood up and she walked me to her door. She gave me a hug, which in turn made Jaxon growl at me.

"Oh shut up." I look back at my friend.

"Bye bitch." He got up from the bed and stomped to the door, slamming it in my face.

---

When I had gotten home, my mother had called me to the kitchen, most likely making dinner seeing as it was now well into the evening. When I walked into the kitchen my father stood behind her, resting his head on his shoulder. Even though he wasn't as kind to me I was glad he was kind to her and my siblings. I guess that's all that mattered. I could carry the burden on my shoulders. They couldn't.

"Hello my love, how did everything go last night?" She gives me a knowing look.

"It went alright." I began to help her, stirring the pasta.

"Hey Kent, can you please go and get some wine from the cellar real quick? I think it would go great with tonight's dinner." She kissed my dad's cheek, he then snatched up her lips in a loving kiss. It reminded me of the kiss I had shared with August all those hours ago. The thought of kissing him again got my heart racing in anticipation.

"Will do babe." He pulled away from her and made his way to the cellar door.

"We have like two minutes. First, you need a shower you smell like the little omega. Second, how did it go, did he agree to it?" Her eyes flicked to me.

"He agreed with it mom. I also broke up with Onyx." Her eyes widened. "She found her mate mom, I don't know what to do though, I know father and the elders won't take that news lightly." They're the ones who were adamant that we be together just for the sole fact that we were childhood friends.

"I hear your dad coming up, let's keep this conversation on hold. Now go get a shower before your father scents him." She tried rushing me out of the kitchen.

"Well you're too late for that." My father strolled into the kitchen, slamming the bottle of wine on the counter, almost breaking the bottle against the granite counter. My mom jumped in surprise. "What part of 'stay away from that boy' do you not understand?" He growled.

"Father, you were cruel to him, you made him wear a scent blocker, and told him to stay away from me. He did nothing wrong, it was all me and you punished him for it." I felt my anger flare up. "What if he ends up being my mate?" I strained. "What will you do then?"

"He's too weak to be your mate." My dad snapped back.

I let out a growl, trying to suppress the anger that Dimitri radiated inside of me. I just wanted to wring my father's neck."Love, you cannot control who the Goddess blesses him with." My mom put her hand on my dad's shoulder to calm him.

"I've tried so hard to get the pack to where it is now, if he accepts that Omega on his birthday, this pack will go straight to hell." He rolled his shoulder, making my mom's hand fall from it. "I refuse to let 25 years of hard work go down the drain for one Omega."

"Oh fuck you father." I huff. "You've trained me since I was four to be Alpha of this pack, you've worked me to the bone, do you think I wouldn't be able to handle anything that was thrown at me?" I wanted to lay out all of the skeleton's in his closet right then and there, making my mom aware of how much of a shit bag he was, but I maintained some of my composure.

"You can't even hold a candle to what I was like at your age." He sneered at me, making me roll my eyes in response.

"Dad, I know for a fact you can't handle wolfsbane as I do, or silver poisoning." My eyes harden at him, teetering on the edge of spilling my guts out in front of my mom. The flashbacks of him injecting me with liquid silver came to mind. It had caused Dimitri to push himself even further forward.

"Shut your mouth boy." He slammed his fist on the counter.

"Why don't you make me." I laughed. "Fuck it, I'm going to 'that boy's' house. I broke up with Onyx by the way, she found her mate." I taunted him. "I was thinking about leading you and the elders on until my birthday, but it would be a waste of her time and my time. Stop trying to push what happened with mom and you, onto me. I already planned on working harder and got 'that boy' to agree to start training. Fuck you father." I stomped my way out of the house slamming the door behind me, the force cause the windows to rattle.

"Alexandre Reid, get your ass back here!" My dad's voice boomed from the front door. I ignored his command, storming to my SUV.

The drive to August's house seemed like forever, I rolled my windows down trying to cool off from the anger radiating off of me. When I arrived at his house, I knocked on the door and waited for my emerald eyed friend to answer the door.

The door opened, revealing the one person I really needed at the moment. I pulled him into my embrace breathing in his heavenly scent.

"Is everything okay?" He peeks upwards meeting my eyes, I only gripped harder on the Omega.

"Just a really long day little one." I explained. "Do you think it would be okay if I stayed the night?"

"Uh sure, I can get a guest room ready for you. We're eating dinner right now if you wanna join us." He beamed at me.

"Yeah, I'll tell you what happened, but I'm pretty hungry right now, thank you for the offer." I grinned back to him.