The biggest love. The hope.

Here is the new chapter... so, I advanced a bot in the story, so I could write about the most interesting part of pregnant Herrera. I'm starting to get really enthusiastic with this fanfiction so expect lots of chapter in this next weeks.

Also, I would like to thank you all for your support, it means the world to me. If there is anything you would like to see in the story (a certain subject maybe, a moment, etc...) just write it in the comments and I'll make it happen.

Lastly, but not the least, what would you prefer to see, them having another girl, or a boy? I kind of already made up my mind, but I would like to hear about your opinions.

Hope you enjoy!! <3 

____,,____

Andy was laying comfortably against the bed frame, caressing Robert who was with his head in her lap, talking to their unborn child. Their little bean was already so big, only remembering the captain about a fourth month of pregnancy, she felt herself getting bigger every day; changing every day. There was also the fact that her child had already starting with the kicking; oh the kicking, Andrea would never forget the first time she felt it; the woman was at work, during a fire that she was commanding on the outside, it was the scariest feeling in the world. She thought something was wrong, that the nerves of seeing her husband getting into a burning house for the first time in a very long time had affected her kid, it was Ben Warren who helped her, telling her that everything was just perfect with her baby. Since that day, Andy had started to love the feeling of her kid kicking her, showing her that he or she was there, and strong.

She had never thought it would be like that, she was always scared of losing her entity, of being treated in a different way. But after being working for a moth while pregnant, she realized that nothing really had to change. Of course, there were things that she could not do, she had to ask for help in some works, but overall, she was still respected, she was still their captain.

Even Robert was great, the man was super protective, super careful in everything, both in their personal and professional lives. But she knew he was containing himself, and he had proven to be a great husband, better that she could ask for. The couple had created this routine of talking to their child in the morning, something that little Sarah also loved to do, the girl would spend hours talking to her new brother or sister, or talking about it, she made sure to include the baby in every family activity. Andy loved that; she loved the family she had created.

"We need to get up."

"No... I want to stay in bed all day!" – the battalion chief snuggled closer to his wife.

"Robert, we have an appointment with Carina in an hour. We should be already up... We have exactly forty-five minutes to get up, get ready, wake Sarah, getting her ready, which we both know is not easy, feed her and take her to school... We need to get up."

As in by design, little Sarah walked in her parents' room. Without saying a word, the girl climbed in her parents' bed, squishing between the two of them, replacing her father by her mother's bump.

"Good morning baby." – the girl said before giving a kiss in the captain's belly – "good morning mami, good morning papi."

"Good morning Sah" – both said, kissing their daughter.

They stayed like that for a bit, just relaxing, for a while, until Andrea decided that they were already too late. They needed to go to that consult, the second trimester one, where they would finally see their child bigger, see if he or she had all the fingers, and find out the gender.

The couple got to the hospital on time, having to wait for Dr. Deluca. The advantage of both being firefighters and having connections in the hospital was that, instead of waiting in the waiting room like everyone else, Andrea and Robert were in the attendings room with Meredith and Amelia. Robert took that time to call Bishop, reminding her that both would be late for their shift.