Preparing for more

When Andy walked in the beanery she was greeted with smiles, specially from her husband, who stayed in the sofa. Everyone hugged and congratulated the new captain, saying how happy they were for her.

Sullivan got up and walked to his wife, with the help of his crutches, hugging her.

"I'm so proud of you. You deserve this, more than anyone else." – Andy felt chills with the way her husband whispered at her ear, just for her.

"Come on chief, kiss your wife, we all gonna pretend we didn't see anything. Just today."

And he did, a kiss that made everyone open their eyes a little bit. As for Herrera and Sullivan, everyone else disappeared, the only thing that mattered was the fact that their life's kept going better, and better.

They eventually had to get away from each other, Robert went home, t rest his leg, while Andy had a meting with Maya, to settle thing down. There were going to be a lot of changes at the station, and the two woman had to make it work, for everyone's safety. Captain Herrera then had a meeting with Ben Warren, about the PRT and other concerns that involved aid cars. If she was going to be the captain of a pilot project, she was going to do it right, she had to be the best.

The rest of the shift was extremely calm, only with two small fires, and a lady with an heart attack, giving the team time to clean and do tasks, as well as work out. While they all slept at night, they new captain was in her bunk, with her computer making projects, and organizing.

At the morning, right before the end of the shift, everyone reunited at the garage for a briefing about the shift. Andy took that moment to talk with her people, first explaining exactly what her new job was, as how she and Bishop planned to organize things. Then talking about how thing were gonna be when she was the one in charge, saving the most important words for the end.

"Thank you. To all of you. I couldn't do this without every single one of you."

She said walking in front of the team, she stopped in from of Travis, who was at the end of them.

"I know you told Ripley I should be captain, and you were always like a big brother to me."

She then gave a step to stay in front of Warren.

"You looked after my father's health, and then you helped Robert with his problem. I really can't thank you enough for that."

"Jack... I... You know what you mean to me, what you always meant for me..."

"Even though you married other guy when you told me you hated the idea of marriage."

"Hey... you had to ruin the moment, didn't you?"

He just hugged her.

"I never though I would say this, but you are like a sister to me Andy. That's more that enough." – That got Andy crying, Gipson was important, not just because of their past, but he was a real friend, and, just like he said, they were like siblings at that point.

When she stepped in front of Dean, he just said.

"Hey Captain, if I want to hear someone crying, I go home for my daughter"

"We don't talk enough, but you are great at drinking beers with me."

Andy stopped for a bit before keep talking.

"I also would like to thank you, for naming your daughter after my dad... He was very proud of that."

And then there was Vic, who barely allowed Andy to get closer before talking. No one on the team knew, but the two woman got very close after Lucas death, Andy and Sullivan were best friends at the time, and the two of them dedicated a lot of their time to Jennifer and Victoria. Specially after Ryan passed, the two woman got closer. They understood each other's pain.

"You are my sister; I don't think there is anyone in this world so similar to me. Also, without your support during... I can't even... Thank you. So much."

The next person, and last, in the lineup was Emmet Dixon.

"You kept his secret, while I didn't know, while he wasn't prepared to face it, you kept his secret. Thank you for that. You have potential probie. Don't give up."

The captain turned around, looking at Maya, went to her, holding her hands.

"It was not your fault. That Robert promoted you, he was right, I would've messed up. You are a great captain and a great friend, and I'm so thankful for having you in my life."

They hugged, none of the two being able to say a word.

Full of tears, they ended the shift, going home, they all deserved to rest, after the emotional bath Herrera gave them.

If Andy though that her shift was emotional, it was because she had no idea of what her day of was going to be. When the woman got home every light was of, and there was candles everywhere. She took her coat and shoes of, as well as her bag, walking inside.

"Bobby?"

And that when she saw her husband, with his pajamas, at the top of the stairs.

"What is happening?" – Andy said, starting to go up the stairs.

"Well, I just decided that your promotion was something to be celebrated."

Her husband walked her to their bathroom, where there was a bubble bath, with salts and candles, as well as her pajama prepared for her. He helped her undress, kissing her, driving her to the bath.

"Come in with me, please."

And the men obeyed, how could he not?

The bath was the most relaxing thing ever, full of love making, and playfulness. They both laid in the bathtub, Andy standing in front of her husband, between his legs, he was kissing her neck, while she played with his arms.

"You did all of this with crutches?"

"I did way more than this with crutches... you will see"

And he was serious, after their bath, they went to the bedroom and it looked like a movie, their bed was full of rose petals, there was a box of pizza in there, and glasses of wine, along with the bottle.

"Oh my God, Rob."

"I love you; you deserve the best."

And that was how they spent the rest of the night. Watching bad tv, eating pizza, drinking wine, and surrending to each other's bodies.

Andrea just couldn't believe how her life was going so far. Was it possible it was so amazing? Or was this a sign that things were about to change? But the thing was, not all changes are bad.