The Calm Before The Storm

It was 3pm and Andy couldn't be happier. She was at her home, with her husband cuddling in bed, they had spent the past 3 hours talking, and loving each other, and she loved that something as simple as that made her so happy.

"How did your meeting with Dixon go?" – she said while laying her head on Roberts chest. He just breathed, loud. – "That good, han?"

"That man makes me sick."

Andy shifted, supporting her weight on her elbow, in order to have a better angle to look at him. "Wanna talk about it?"

She saw the way he actually had a debate with himself.

"Hey, right now, I'm not your lieutenant, forget that I work in the department. I'm your wife, you can talk to me about work, right?"

"He wants to put someone watching Maya..."

"What? Why would he do that?"

"Because of what happened with... in the storage unit."

"Bobby, that's ridiculous, it wasn't her fault. Even I can see that."

"I'm trying to change his mind... He wants it to start next shift. But tomorrow we have another meeting."

"So tomorrow I'm gonna be all alone?"

"You can go out with your friends. You should go out with your friends." – He said, giving her a small kiss.

"Yeah, there are a few things I can't do with my friends..." And they kissed. Robert took the opportunity to roll them over, making his wife laugh.

The rest of the day went in the exact same way. They stayed together, in bed, just being themselves. At night, they decided to go out, who said married couples couldn't go on dates? Roberts insisted on them dressing up to go to a restaurant. And that's what they did, Andy was in a beautiful ruby colored dress, and black high heells, that made her husband want to stay home instead.

"No, I didn't dress like this to stay at home... You were the one who wanted to go to a fancy restaurant."

"I didn't know you had a dress with that cleavage. It's not fair that I have to spend a night looking at you and do nothing."

"Well, amaze me tonight, and when we get home, you can enjoy my dress, and what's under it."

She said grabbing her purse and running out of home. He just laughed, grabbing the car keys and leaving.

He did amaze her in that night. They went to a beautiful German restaurant, having a great meal, full of kisses, and shared stories, and then went to walk by the Elliot Bay, sitting in the grass.

"Can you believe that I lived in Seattle my whole life, and I never seated here? I don't thing I ever took 2 minutes to enjoy the bay."

"Hum..."

"What is in that mind, honey?" – Andy didn't even know what was on her mind, she was not the kind of woman to use pet names. But in that moment, it just sounded so natural.

"I never thought I could love someone again... But here I am, cuddling my lieutenant, my beautiful wife."

"I think we are both very lucky, you know... We both have had two great loves in our life's. "

Robert looked at her. They were sitting at the grass, looking at the bay, she was wearing his jacket, with her head on his shoulder, while he had his arm around her.

"I loved Ryan... I don't exactly know in which way. But I loved him." – She exhaled for a second, and then kept talking. "It's not the same love I have for you. You're the love of my live, but he was my best friend, you know? And... before I met you, I actually thought that I would marry him one day..."