The Cure

Sooooo, I know I said two things: that this would be a double chapter, and that it would be the day after tomorrow. But you all responded so well that I wanted to give you this as a thank you. I could not be more grateful for your love and support. All your messages mean the world to me, and I will make my best to keep posting, especially now that you gave me great ideas.

That being said, I'm still searching for ideas, so, if there is anything you would like to see happen in the story, just tell me and I will make it happen.

Thank you all so much, enjoy!!

____,,____

It was 4 am.

And the Shift only started at 7.

It was 4 am.

And Andy was laying in her bed, wide awake, her mind going crazy.

It was 4 am.

And the captain did not know if she was happy or sad to come back to work. Sure, the past 4 weeks had gone in the best way possible, the woman did not leave her bed, except for some meals, or to go to the backward with her family. Carina Deluca was so proud of her patient, encouraging the captain to come back to work.

"If you are careful, and don't jump inside of burning buildings, it will be very heathy for you", the Italian doctor said. But the captain knew herself well to well, and she had to admit that, in the heat of the moment, during an emergency, she would forget about her health. All she could do was hope that her love for her child would be superior. It had to be, right?

Andy was surprised by her husband, who hugged her, kissing her forehead.

"Your thoughts woke me up." – the man said in a very sleepy voice, while laying his head in his wife's belly, that was just starting to show.

"Sorry."

"Hum... it's ok. Do you want to talk?"

"I'm scared, Robert. I never thought I would say this. But I'm scared."

Robert moved to sit down, next to his wife, only after leaving a kiss in her belly, right over the spotted their younger child was.

"I know. So am I. But you love our job. You love that place. And I know that you will be happier once your bossing everyone around and helping others. I also know that you will be extra careful, because you still remember how it felt to almost lose this baby."

"Is this your way of telling me you won't be to protective?"

"No. You know I will. But this is me comforting my pregnant wife. Who I love."

"Thank you. You know what would definitely make me feel better now? Before our daughter wakes up?" – The woman said, climbing in her husband's lap. Sex while being pregnant was... interesting to say the least. Robert was hesitant at first, when Carina gave them the green light, however after a while, and a couple of times, the man understood that, not only it was natural, it was healthy for his wife.

By the time they walked in the station, still on civilian clothes, all eyes turned on Andrea. B shift was still in the station, and it was clear that the news of their captain's pregnancy had been a surprise.

"If any of you keeps staring at me, like I'm a freak show, I swear to God that, instead of going home, you are all going to clean the garage floor, with toothbrushes." – the woman said with a neutral face, while making her way to her office, in order to change in her uniform.

Robert just laughed while going up the stairs to his own office. He loved how feisty she was. That woman really could stand up for herself.

"Sir? Are you feeling alright?"