Part 48

Harlow had told Ada everything once they had snuggled up on the sofa with a cup of tea, and the Shelby was beyond excited. She was the only one who had no interest in the business, and only wanted to know about their personal lives. It was nice to think about something else for a change. They had chatted long into the night, laughing and thinking about the future. Just two best friends who happened to be connected to the biggest gangs in Britain. 

The following morning was chaos, everyone had risen at the exact same time resulting in collisions in the hallways, battles over plates in the kitchen and huge arguments over the bathroom. Sharing one house with three bathrooms and thirteen men was not something that Ada and Harlow enjoyed, but thankfully they were leaving today and heading back to Birmingham with Michael, Finn and Theo. 

Once everyone had managed to clean themselves and distinguish which jacket belonged to who, the two gangs gathered in the living room, planning to discuss the day. Harlow perched on the sofa alongside Jack who's wound had been healing nicely. At first everyone thought he was going to make the most of being injured and use it as an excuse to relax, but at the first moment he got, he was back on his feet again. 

"How was your date?" He winked cheekily, a smirk placed on his lips as he turned to face the brunette. Harlow raised an eyebrow, smiling softly, "I'll still slap you even if you are injured."

Callum laughed from behind him, leaning against the arm of the sofa, waiting for his oldest brother and Tommy to join them. Whatever they were discussing, they weren't willing to involve the rest of them just yet. 

"Ada, where's your suitcase? I'm putting everything in the car now." Michael asked as he wandered into the room, looking for the Shelby girl who was slumped in the arm chair comfortably. As soon as she went to stand, Tommy strolled through the door followed by Dale, both of who had stern looks on their faces. 

"Sit, Ada." Tommy muttered, standing in front of the mantlepiece as she rolled her eyes, perching back on the seat as Michael ceased his job, waiting to hear what they were about to say. Even she knew it was important to not retaliate in the current situation. 

"As you are well aware, it is going to be very dangerous to be a Blinder or a Wentworth in London for the next few weeks. Dale and I discussed it and nobody leaves this house alone unless specifically instructed by either of us." Tommy announced as he tucked his hands in the pockets of his grey jacket. Harlow analysed his posture, relief flooding through her as she noticed he no longer looked sickly pale. Sometimes the flu could leave as fast as it came. However, along with the lack of illness came a lack of sympathy for him and this soon opened the floodgates for the anger to return.

She scanned her eyes across the busy room as Arthur sighed expressively, "So we're basically on house arrest?" He slouched on the edge of Ada's arm chair, and she quickly moved her arm so it didn't get squished under his weight, hitting her brother's back in protest. 

"You've never left the house on your own anyway Arthur, just take John and you can do whatever the hell you want. It'll be your fault when you get shot." Jay snarked, pushing himself off the window ledge as he nosily gazed out of the window. He squinted as if he was watching somebody, but quickly looked away and turned his attention back to Tommy as Arthur pulled an irritated face. 

"Theo, you're going to go with Harlow, Michael, Ada and Finn and stay in Birmingham for a week or so just until we can sort out everything down here." Dale addressed his youngest brother who nodded acceptingly. Theo didn't mind leaving the capital, it interested him little and he'd much rather return to Tommy's house which was surrounded by fields and a touch of fresh air. 

"Michael, you keep an eye on the books in the betting shop, make sure your mum hasn't made any mess ups whilst we've been in London." Tommy instructed as the Gray nodded, snapping his head round as Harlow spoke up defensively, "I'm sure Polly is capable of juggling a few books."