78

I Forgot That He Existed

#78

●●●

What They'll Say About Us by Finneas

●●●

"Dad, can I bring the flowers?"

"Sure," Binigay naman dito ni Isaac ang dala niyang mga bulaklak sa anak niya. They were currently visiting her grave at a private cemetery found in Los Angeles.

And it was her death anniversary.

And he hasn't visited her since then.

Nang na kay Tori na ang mga bulaklak, kaagad naman itong tumakbo papunta sa puntod nito but they both stopped when they saw a very familiar man, sitting on her grave, just staring on the ground.

It was Timotheé Chalamet.

Kyrie Victoria's husband.

"Dad! It's Uncle Timmy!"

Narinig naman nito ang pagsalita ni Tori at nilingon sila. He looked surprised to see them there. But before could Timmy even get up, niyakap kaagad ito ni Tori.

Timmy looked shocked for a moment at what the little girl did but then hugged her back.

"Baby Tori, I miss you," Tim uttered as he buried his face into the kid's neck. Timmy suddenly cried.

"I miss you, too, Uncle!" Tori replied attentively, "Don't be sad na, I'm here, shush..." Tori was caressing Tim's hair to soothe him.

Isaac, by watching at them, felt his heart suddenly constricted.

---

"I guess, we both became miserable after Kyrie died..."

"Hmm..." Isaac just gave a tight smile at what Timothee said. They were currently sitting at one of the empty benches found inside the cemetery. Tori, on the other hand, was sitting on the grave of Kyrie, holding the flowers that they bought earlier. Parang kinakausap pa nito si Kyr as if she was still alive.

"I just try not to be miserable every day... She doesn't want that. I just still couldn't believe it, it's been one year since she died."

Tahimik lang si Isaac habang nakikinig dito.

"You know, if our son lived until today, he and Tori would be friends, for sure..." Napantingin naman silang dalawa kay Tori. Isaac smiled at the thought. Yes, they would have been friends.

"They were always wrong about Kyrie," Tim added, "They say she was too spoiled because she was an only daughter, some actors didn't even want to be friends with her because she was a basic bitch," He chuckled, "They just didn't realize how wonderful she is, as a person, as an actress, as my wife..."

"Isaac, I heard what happened between you and Leighton... about your family," Timothee then looked at him, "But I'm glad I could see, you're improving now."

Napayuko naman si Isaac dahil sa sinabi nito, feeling remorse and guilt for all the things he did to his family, especially to Leighton.

"Isaac, do you know? Kyrie was really worried about you before she died, she told me one of her last wishes is for you to find happiness... She didn't want any of us to become sad and miserable when she'll be gone."

"I remembered she wants you to meet Leighton, how excited she was to know you two kind of hit it off, that finally she knows you're going to be okay in another woman's arms who's going to love you wholeheartedly, unconditionally... that even though you two didn't end up together, she was relieved... that Leighton was there for you."

Timothee then smiled genuinely.

"You see, Leighton, she made you sane, she's the only one who made you decent and contented. Somehow, she made your family happy and complete."

"You're lucky that you still got a lot of time with your loved ones, Isaac. Use it wisely. We are never perfect but we cannot do the same mistake twice. We need to move forward. That's what Kyrie wants us to do."

"Dad, Uncle!"

Biglang namang tumakbo papunta sa kanila si Tori. Tori then hugged them both tightly. Napatawa na lang silang lahat.

Timothee was right...

●●●

2 chapters to go + Final

I will post another epistolary after this. 'Yung chill and kilig lang. Haha! Masyadong nakakastress si Isaac.