30

I Forgot That You Existed

#30

●●●

"Where's my boy?" Sinalubong naman kaagad ni Timothee si Isaac nang dumating na siya sa room kung saan nakaconfine si Pudge. Isaac was currently bringing Lassie.

"He's there," Itinuro naman ni Tim si Pudge na nasa hospital bed. It was already almost midnight. Napatingin naman si Isaac sa couch at nakita si Kyrie na nakahiga doon at natutulog - but her eyes were too swollen that it was obvious she cried hard.

Timothee sighed, "She's in distress. She kept crying, I'm starting to get worried, she didn't even dinner..." Timothee replied to him.

Isaac crouched to be at the eye level of his dog, "Lassie, go to your Mom, she's on that couch," He talked to her, pointing at Kyrie. Lassie barked enthusiastically, "She misses you."

Kaagad namang pumunta si Lassie kung nasaan si Kyrie. Kyrie was awaken when Lassie licked her face.

She slowly opened her eyes and creased her forehead at the sight of the dog. When she realized it was Lassie, Kyrie cried, hugging Lassie, "Oh, Lassie... My baby girl, you're here..."

Isaac just smiled at the sight of them. Pinuntahan naman niya kaagad si Pudge, their second adopted furbaby. Actually, a month after he and Kyrie became Lassie's parents, Pudge came into their lives as well. He was even the one who named him while Kyrie was the one who named Lassie.

"Pudge..." Isaac sat beside Pudge on the bed. He started to caress his hair, "I'm here. Your dad is here, Pudgey..."

He couldn't help but to feel sad and hurt to see him, lying on the bed like he was lifeless. Ilang taon na rin niya hindi itong nakita. All of their pets or furbabies are like children to him.

"Pudge, I'm so sorry..." He whispered to him. He lied down beside him on the bed, nudging his cheek to Pudge's head, "I'm so sorry if I wasn't a good dad, I'm so sorry if I wasn't with you here... my boy, you're always going to be my boy, Pudge."

"I miss you, Pudge," He added and closed his eyes, cuddling closer to Pudge who was in oxygen.

"Pudge, you're a big boy. Please don't leave your mom, okay? She needs you, Pudge. At least, even though I'm not here or we're no longer together, she still has your back... At least in behalf of me, stay with your mother and take care of her..." Isaac then held Pudge's left paw softly.

"Pudge, I already lost your mother, I don't want to lose you as well... I don't want to lose you or Lassie or your other siblings," He kept talking to him, "Pudge, do you know that I'm a surgeon now? Remember when you keep interrupting me every time I study..."

Isaac held him closer.

"I love you, my boy," He kissed Pudge's small forehead. Nanatiling nakayakap lang si Isaac dito.

It was almost a minute when Isaac felt Pudge's paw moved. Napabitaw at napatigil naman siya sa nangyari. Then suddenly, the cat meowed and slowly opened his eyes.

"Pudge," Isaac immediately hugged Pudge again. Pudge meowed and nudged his head on the crook of Isaac's neck, as if he recognized his dad and that he missed him as well. He let out another meow again.

Bigla namang tumalon si Lassie at sumiksik din sa kanila. Lassie barked and also snuggled closer, in between Pudge and Isaac.

Isaac looked back and saw Kyrie who was holding her mouth, shocked and relieved when she saw Pudge moving and meowing, "Kyr?" He offered his hand to her, signalling her to join them.

"We're still family, right?" He said and Kyrie cried, went quickly towards them, hugging all of them.

It was a like a family reunion.