70

I Forgot That You Existed

#70

●●●

Riptide by Vance Joy

●●●

"Isaac?" Kyrie was confused to see Isaac Grant inside the hospital room she was currently confined. He looked disheveled and stressed, his hair was even messy. He stared at her like he was in so much pain.

The least person she expected to see during that day.

Isaac just suddenly started crying.

She felt her heart being pounded into pieces at the sight of him.

"Isaac, c-come here," She said, gesturing him to seat on the couch near her bead. Maybe this is why Tim told her earlier na may bisita siyang darating sa mga oras na iyon.

Isaac followed what she said and sat on the couch. He was still crying uncontrollably.

"Isaac, please don't cry, I don't want to see people crying in front of me before I die..."

Isaac still didn't stop crying. Nakayuko lang ito at umiiyak.

She sighed then smiled, "Isaac, do you know why I introduced you to Leighton before? Because I think she's the perfect woman for you... She complements your personality. I wanted you to move on from me... and Leigh, she's good for you, she's good for Tori."

"Ang sakit, Kyr, ang sobrang sakit," Isaac started to talk, his voice shaking, "You're the only woman whom I love this most and the only whom who also has given me so much pain. Hindi ko alam na ganito pala kasakit ang mahalin ka. I thought when I married Leighton, I thought... I love her, no, I did  love her and I do love her, but you're always be different, that no matter happens, you're always going to have a place in my heart... and when I learned you were dying, it's so fucking painful."

"I can't bear the pain knowing you're going to die sooner and I always fucking regret for hurting you when we were younger..."

"Ang sakit, Kyr," He sobbed, "I was satisfied even though we didn't end up together, you're still there... and now," He bit his lower lip to supress his cry, "You're going to fucking die..."

"You believed in me that I'm going to be a good dad to Tori, now I'm failing..." Isaac buried his face into his hands as he sobbed more, "I failed, I always fucking failed my family..."

Kyrie felt silent and it was only Isaac muffled cries were heard.

She took a deep breath and patted his head gently, "Isaac, you're still going to be a good dad, please still try. I'm always going to believe in you. Unlike me, wala na akong oras... ikaw, marami pa. You're still going to be wonderful dad if only you allow yourself."

"Look at me," Iniangat naman nito ang ulo nito at tumingin sa kanya. His eyes were swollen already for crying, "Just because I'm going to die, you're going to be miserable, Isaac. I don't want you to be miserable. I don't want any people to be miserable when I die. I want to die peacefully."

She cupped his right cheek and gave him warm smile. Niyakap naman niya ito. Isaac cried again as he hugged her tightly.

"I'm always be grateful that I once loved you, Isaac and I'm glad that I got to meet baby Tori even though in just a short span of time..."

Kyrie Victoria Williams - Chalamet

†  

January 2020