75

iMessage
Today 7:23 PM

Andrea Adarna

Andrea:
Isaac, happy birthday.

Even though you were a shitty person, you still deserve a happy birthday because I know you're trying your very best to be a good father now.

Isaac:
Haha, thank you, Andrea.
Thank you for always being a good friend.

And sorry, if I was a terrible and selfish person... I promise that I'm going to be a better man every day now.

Andrea:
You should!

For your daughter's sake.

Anyway, have you somehow asked her to join you in celebrating your birthday?

Isaac:
I did, earlier. 'Nung sinundo ko siya sa school. I told her na nagluto ako ng konti sa bahay... that if it's okay for her to join me in our house for dinner.

She still didn't say anything. Pumasok lang siya kaagad sa bahay nina Dad. Siguro nakalimutan niya na birthday ko ngayon.

But it's okay, I understand. I've caused her too much pain before, nararapat lang sa 'kin iyon. I'm still really happy dahil pinapayagan naman niya akong ihatid sya at sunduin from school.

And I will still give my best every day para matanggap na rin ako ng anak ko.

Andrea:
Aww, well, you'll be okay with her in God's time, for sure. At least, you're always trying your best, that's the most important thing. I know naman na napapansin naman siguro ni Tori na sinusubukan mong magbago.

And congrats! You finally finished your rehab. Babalik ka na agad sa work mo?

Isaac:
Yeah, maybe next week.

I resubmitted my application kanina sa ospital.

Andrea:
Good, sana tuloy-tuloy na talaga 'yan, Isaac.

And by the way, lumabas ka rito sa bahay mo.

Isaac:
Huh?

Andrea:
We're outside your house, idiot.

Your parents, your sisters, nandito kami sa labas.

And Tori's here too.

She's bringing you a cake and some balloons.

She's excited to greet you a happy birthday.

Huwag ka ng umiyak diyan.

Hindi nakalimutan ng anak mo ang birthday mo.

Isaac:
Oh god.

Read 7:30 PM