55

I Forgot That You Existed

#55

●●●

Skinny love by Bon Iver

●●●

"Timothee," Isaac Grant called Kyrie's husband when he saw him outside the room. Napatingin naman ito sa kanya - and for a second, he noticed a plead for help on his eyes. Napansin naman nitong kasa-kasama niya si Lassie. Timothee then gave him a bitter smile. Isaac went to him.

"She's inside, she wouldn't talk," It was obvious that Tim's voice was broken. Isaac just nodded at him and entered the room, bringing Lassie.

Nang makapasok na sila sa room ay kaagad tumakbo si Lassie at tumalon sa kama kung nasaan nakaupo si Kyrie.

"Lassie?" Kyrie was surprised when she saw one of her furbabies. Then she looked at Isaac Grant who was just standing at the door. He gave him a tight smile.

"Baby Tori won't have a playmate anymore," She said, her voice trembled.  Nilapitan naman ito Isaac at umupo sa tabi nito. Lassie cuddled closer to her too.

"I'm sorry..." The word he could only utter. His heart was in pain too, seeing the only woman he loved miserable.

"Maybe I wasn't destined to be a mother," She added as she tried to smile  while her tears started to fall, "You know because I grew up a spoiled bitch when I was young, maybe this is my karma... maybe this is my karma."

Isaac smiled genuinely, "You're not a bitch, you're just spoiled," Kyrie smiled at his comment and giggled.

"We had him almost, next month na sana ako manganganak. But then... he died. I was even already imagining it, you and baby Tori would visit here again in LA, I would like them to meet and became friends... but that's not going to happen anymore."

He remained silent.

"The doctors said it's hard for me to get pregnant again because of what happened, they say... there's a high chance I wouldn't become a mother anymore," She added, trying to give him a smile - but instead, she cried again.

Niyakap na lang ito ni Isaac. Kyrie sobbed in between his arms. Isaac hugged her closer, kissing the top of her hair.

"We'll always visit you, me and Tori, we'll always visit you, I promise that."