24

I Forgot That You Existed

#24

●●●

Play Taylor Swift's 'the 1' for this chapter

●●●

"Are you sure about this?"

Kyrie, who was holding the hand of her boyfriend, Timothee, stopped. They were now currently outside the hotel, specifically the beach front of the hotel. Only few people were outside since the hotel they were staying was an exclusive private hotel at Cannes, France, hence, the beautiful view of the Cannes beach is in front of it.

Kyrie smiled at cupped his right cheek. Earlier, she told him the truth, her life when she was still Philippines and most especially her last relationship with Isaac Grant.

And she was really lucky that Timothee listened and understood her emotions. He was really perfect, her dream guy. Ang sobrang swerte niya dahil nakilala niya ito - and she got to love him and he, loving her, despite her flaws.

"Yes," She answered him honestly, "I think it's about time."

Maybe, Isaac Grant was right. Matagal na panahon na rin silang hiwalay... but yet, they didn't have a definite closure. Maybe that's why she continued to resent him... siguro dapat na rin nilang pag-usapan ang lahat para matapos na at makapagsimula na silang dalawa ng payapa.

Timmy gave her a warm and assuring smile. Hinalikan naman nito ang noo niya, "I always got your back, baby."

Kyrie gave him a peck on the lips before parting ways from him. Nilingon niya ito ulit at kinawayan naman siya nito. After that, she walked towards the edge of the shore.

And there, she saw her ex-boyfriend, her first love, Isaac Grant Velasco.

Napansin naman siya nito. He turned around to face her. He was jusr wearinf a simple plain army green shirt and a white khaki shorts. Ilang taon na rin silang hindi nagkita sa personal na dalawa. Not until the Cannes Film Festival yesterday.

Now, Isaac Grant looked more matured and muscular. Siguro, malapit na itong grumaduate ng medicine. He's going to be a doctor soon.

Napalunok naman ito nang makita siya.  She noticed his eyes examined her dress. It was a just simple yellow beach dress. She didn't tie her hair and it was just flying freely because of the wind. It was already past nine in the evening.

"U-Uhm, h-hi..." Isaac Grant awkwardly started, scratching his nose.

She didn't say anything and just stood up beside him, watching the waves of the beach at their front.

"I'm so sorry," He suddenly said. Somehow, she felt her heart skipped a beat because of his sudden apology. Never in a million times she would finally hear him saying sorry to her.

'Nung maghiwalay sila, Isaac didn't even hold back and just let her go. She even cried so hard back then but he was too stubborn and cold.

"I know I should be apologizing years ago... I'm so sorry if I just have the courage now, Kyrie. I know it's not enough for what I did to you and to our relationship before... I'm so sorry. I'm sorry 'cause I know it was my fault why our relationship ended and why it was toxic. I'm sorry if I was a terrible boyfriend. Sorry kung sobrang nasakal kita dati... Sorry if I couldn't support you with your dream..."

Kyrie forced herself not to break down with his apology. Iyon lang naman ang gusto niyang marinig mula dito noon pa man. That he would own up his mistakes... to acknowledge that it wasn't only her who was toxic, he was toxic too.

"I-I'm so sorry," Nilingon naman niya ito at napansing umiiyak ito. For the first time, she saw Isaac Grant crying. He was crying so hard while wiping her tears with his hands.

Hindi niya rin tuloy maiwasang mapaiyak na lang din dahil dito.

"You know, I never fucking cried this hard," He added, still sobbing, "When you left me for LA, I didn't even cry like this. But I was in so much pain because I know it was entirely all my fault, I was glad that Lassie was there, she was there with me like a therapy dog because I got depressed."

Kyrie didn't still say anything and continued to sob as well.

"I'm so sorry, Kyr," He repeated, trying to stop his tears, "I know we couldn't turn back time anymore but I hope you'd forgive for all the shits that I did to you..."

"Sorry, I know I shouldn't be crying... it's like I supressed it for all those years that I couldn't stop it anymore," He tried to joke, smiling, although his face was still wet because of the tears.

Kyrie tried to smile as well, her tears, continuously flowing, "It's okay, I forgive you, Isaac," She approached his shoulder with her right hand to squeeze it. She bit her lip to stop herself from sobbing.

"I'm happy that you finally pursued your dream, I'm proud of you," He added softly. They're both now watching the beautiful view of the beach.

"And you're going to be a doctor soon as well," She replied. Somehow, all her anger and hatred towards him vanished.

"Timothee, he's a good guy, he deserves you," Nilingon naman niya ito ulit at napansing nakatingin na rin ito sa kanya, "I could see he makes you happy, your eyes twinkle when you look at him."

For once, she knew she loved this man so much with all her heart... and now, it's different.

"He is... I'm very lucky," She said instead.

"No, he's the lucky one to have you, you're a beautiful woman, inside and out, every man is always lucky to have you, Kyrie."

Hindi naman nakapagsalita si Kyrie matapos ang sinabi nito. She just smiled and went to him for a hug. Isaac stiffened at what she did but then embraced her tightly.

"I forgive you, Isaac, it's okay now, don't worry," She mumbled between their hugs. He didn't reply and just hugged her tightly.

After more than a minute of hug, they parted ways. The two of them bidding goodbyes to each other. After a few seconds, Kyrie started to walk away, leaving him alone in the shore.

Nilingon naman niya itong muli. She then noticed him just sitting on the beach sand, crying again for one more time. Isaac Grant couldn't stop himself from crying.

She sighed as she went back to the hotel. Timothee, who was patiently waiting near the entrance, gave her a warm and loving smile when she finally saw her.