42

iMessage
Today 11:49 PM

Andrea Adarna

Isaac:
Andrea, answer my calls

Fuck

Andrea:
Isaac, what?

It's goddamn almost midnight, nagising na lang kami ni Trish sa mga calls mo

What's happening?

Isaac:
Please don't tell this to your girlfriend

Andrea:
Fine, ano ba 'yan? Why did you call? May emergency?

Isaac:
Andrea, somebody messaged me, from the US, she actually messaged me earlier this afternoon, I am fucking shocked and confused right now

I am not fucking ready for this, Andrea, I'm barely even surviving every day, I didn't even totally get my shit together, I'm just slowly recuperating but now, another shit is going to happen in my life. I am not fucking prepared, I can't evet get my shit together, how much more being a fucking parent?

Andrea:
What the fuck are you talking about?

And please, calm yourself, Isaac and please don't go to any bar or club to drink alcohol again, I know you, every time you feel shitty about yourself, nilulunod mo ang sarili mo sa alak. Remember your achievements about yourself, even it's little, you're six months sober now, please don't go back to your alcoholic self.

Isaac:
I know...

Sorry, I don't know anymore, Andrea

Andrea:
What happened, Isaac Grant?

Sabihin mo sa 'kin, kumalma ka.

Isaac:
I got a female stranger from Las Vegas pregnant

She messaged me here in messenger

Last year, I had this Las Vegas trip with Joko, we had fun there and I was half drunk. I paid a sex worker to have sex with me but that's all I could remember because the next day, I went back to the Philippines.

And it seems real, Andrea, she wasn't lying, we talked on the phone and I also remembered her face when I saw her pictures.

She's nine months pregnant already and next week, she'll give birth, the baby is a girl but I'm still going to take a paternity test to make sure

But I know she's telling the truth, Andrea, she didn't even expoit me for money, she told me she tried searching or finding me for nine months not until last week when she stumbled a news about me. She said she was giving up the baby for adoption if she wouldn't find me but now... she said I deserve to know about the baby as well 'cause I might take the baby instead of giving her up for adoption.

She clearly implied that she doesn't want to get involved with the baby.

Fucking god, it's so complicated, Andrea

Andrea:
Oh my god...

I don't know what to say, Isaac, I'm also shocked...

What are you going to do?

Isaac:
I don't know, Andrea...

This is why I called you.

You're the only person whom I trust the most, other than my family.

My family doesn't know about this yet.

I am scared.

I am fucking scared about this.

I am not ready to become a father, Andrea.

Hindi ko nga maayos ang buhay ko, paano na lang kapag may bata?

Tangina, bakit ano lang palagi?

Andrea:
Isaac, deep breaths, calm down muna

What are you planning?

Are you going to go to the USA?

Isaac:
I don't know, Andrea

I'm not even sure I'm going to take the baby, maybe she's even better if she'll be adopted with different parents

Andrea:
Isaac, wait

If you're really the father of the baby, are you okay to give her up for adoption? She's still your flesh and blood, her mother is a sex worker at halatang walang pakialam sa bata, mabuti nga't hindi niya naisip na ipaabort. We're talking about an innocent baby here.

Do you want the baby to give up for adoption?

When you, yourself, know that you have enough money to raise her, you're a surgeon, you have more than enough money to make a living.

Isaac:
I am a wreck, Andrea.

Hindi ko alam...

Andrea:
Pag-isipan mong mabuti, Isaac Grant.

This is your daughter. A real human daughter now.

Just stay calm. Rest for the night muna.

Tomorrow morning, pupunta kami ni Trish diyan sa unit mo para tulungan ka.

Read. 12:19 AM.