chapter seventeen // imagine it.

ellie's pov

I smile to myself as I walk pass Liam's room, where the lads are all crowded around Liam, talking and laughing loudly. I pretend - as his doctor - not to hear Niall ask if he can try doing tricks with Liam's wheelchair. I grip my lunch tightly as I walk pass the private waiting room that is so much quieter now that the boys aren't in there.

"Ellie!" I hear someone call my name, stopping me in my tracks. I turn around to see Mia rushing out of the waiting room, struggling to throw her shoes on her feet, "Wait up," She smiles at me.

I can feel myself growing nervous as Louis's girlfriend rushes to catch up with me. She's one of the prettiest and most confident girls I've ever met, and whenever I'm around her I feel like a complete troll. She attempts to tame her curly brown hair, tucking it behind her ear as she joins me.

"I'm just about to eat lunch, if you want to join me?" I offer, holding up my pathetic little princess lunch box, never feeling so stupid. I can't help but to cringe as she lets out a small laugh, smiling at my lunchbox.

"Perfect, I'm starving," She nods.

I can't help but to be a bit taken back by her friendliness. I haven't talked to her much, considering she and Louis are usually sleeping when I get home from work, and still sleeping when I get up to leave. Liam told me that she can be a bit intimidating at first, but once she warms up to you, she's very nice.

"They have vending machines in the break room, otherwise I'm not sure if you'll get alot of attention if you go to the cafeteria?" I bite my bottom lip nervously, ready to just give her my own lunch to impress her.

"The vending machine is perfectly fine," She assures me with a wave of her hand.

The two of us enter the abandoned break room - thankfully abandoned, I might add, considering dealing with the other nasty interns is the last thing I want to do in front of Mia. She's only known me for a few weeks, she doesn't need to see me cry already.

"Oh, god," Mia grumbles as we take our seat at the small, round table. I look up to see what she was groaning about, following her line of vision to the television, where it was showing one of those stupid media reports. Just as I look up, a picture of the boys appears, "What shit are they saying now?" She rolls her eyes.

I reach out with the remote, turning up the volume a few notches as my own curiosity peaks. Even if I hadn't met Liam, I probably would have tuned in to hear what it's about. I've always had a soft spot for the boybands, and all boybands in general really. Growing up I swore I was going to marry Justin Timberlake from N'Sync.

"One Direction fans are dying to know the reason behind the band cancelling the rest of their world tour. The boys have recently been on hiatus, not seen out and about, nor have they posted anything on social media," A man speaks over photos of the boys from their latest concert, "One theory that's going around is that the boys are all in a fued. Apparently tension has been running high in the boyband."

Mia scoffs as she shoves a few dollars in the vending machine, barely keeping her eyes off of the tv to pick out her food.

"There is always a new theory going around," Mia says bitterly, angrily punching numbers into the vending machine.

"Some wonder if it has anything to do with their girlfriends, for they are all known for getting themselves into antics. We all remember Zayn's incident with his now girlfriend Linley Jaxon at the Ragstock music festival this last summer, and of course Harry's girlfriend Olivia is touring right now with Ed Sheeran, but sources say that Harry and Olivia may be expecting a little baby any time now," They continue, causing Mia to burst out into loud laughter at the last story, "And Louis's girlfriend Mia is always getting herself into trouble when it comes to the paparazzi. It could be any of the girls, really."