chapter thirty-one // #paynesanatomy

liam's pov

Sighing, I turn off the television, sick and tired of watching re-runs of Breaking Bad - something I never thought I'd hear myself say. I glance at the clock with disappointment, knowing Ellie won't be back to check on me for at least another hour. I look on the other side of my bed, staring at my wheelchair, knowing I could take myself for a walk down the hallway if I really got desperate, but that doesn't sound too appealing either.

Boredom has become the norm in my life. I just sit here all day, watching tv and listening to music, forced to entertain myself. It's been especially difficult now that the lads are still at home. I quickly calculate in my head what time it would be there and groan because I'm sure none of them would appreciate a 3am phone call.

Getting desperate, I reach over and grab my phone. I usually don't like to sit here on it all day, for I always end up reading something online that I wish I hadn't. Tabloids have a way of getting under my skin.

I haven't been on twitter since the livestream was posted yesterday. I figured management would tell me if there were any exciting reaction from it, but they have been rather absent the entire day. I'm sure they're all concerned with the boys not being here with them. It's been awhile since we've been on our own, I suppose management feels like parents letting their children go off on their own for the first time.

Admitting defeat, I click on the app, bracing myself for the worst. It's so sad how you can get one thousand amazing messages so full of love and support, and then you'll receive one message full of hate and your entire day can be ruined.

You'd think that four years of getting hate mail would cause you to become numb, but even after all that time, it still stings.

My twitter timeline is a mixture of all-caps excited tweeting from fans, with the rare occasion that I actually see tweets from my friends or other celebrities I follow. I proceed with caution into my timeline wondering what's going on in the fandom right now.

zxrrysangels: THIS IS LIKE SOME GREY'S ANATOMY SHIT WHO IS THIS MYSTERY DOCTOR???

1DFAN4EVA: OPERATION FIND THE DOCTOR!! #paynesanatomy

leeyumgalpal: DID U SEE THE WAY HE SMILED AND LOOKED AT HER I AM ONE STEP FROM LIGHTING MYSELF ON FIRE IT HURTS

otraoctopus: LIAM AND HIS DOCTOR?? THIS IS STRAIGHT UP SOME FAN FIC SHIT COME TO LIFE

My stomach instantly drops within my gut. Where is this all coming from? How could they have possibly known about Ellie? My fingers move quickly to scroll through my timeline, trying to find some answers.

I click on any photo I see, though unfortunately they are just a lot of reaction photos. Half of them seem like inside jokes that I'm not a part of.

Finally I click on a photo that must be a screen cap of the livestream. I let out an audible groan as I stare at the photo. Perfectly visible on the camera is Ellie, staring at me with wide eyes, full of surprise and me staring at her with my usual dopey grin and googly eyes, showing me exactly how shit of an actor I am.

"shitshitshitshit," I mutter as I continue to scroll down my timeline, reading reactionary tweets from the fans. It seems the entire fandom has gotten ahold of this exchange and is running with it.

Though through the fear I feel in my gut - knowing this is very bad news for Ellie and I - I can't help but to wonder what the consensus is. I know the fandom is obsessed with Harry and Olivia, as they have from the beginning, but they continue to hate on Zayn and Linley, always trying to get between the two of them.