Fine Line - Edward/Bella Fanfiction - Chapter 29

EPOV 

The sun blinded my eyes as it split through my curtains. I groaned when I looked at the clock to see that it was already 10 am. 

Yesterday was bad. To say the least, my parents were not impressed. They freaked when they realized it had been going on while she was staying there. I tried to speak with them rationally, but they didn’t hesitate in the slightest to ground me. 

I rolled over in my bed and curled up against the pillow. I hadn’t heard how things went with Bella. I figured she’d been grounded too, since she hadn’t called me. Or maybe she did, but I couldn’t find my blasted phone anywhere. 

I slowly let my eyes drift back to sleep, but there was no point. 

"Edward Cullen, get out of that bed!" My mother screeched from outside my door.

I groaned in response, and sighed when I heard her open the door.

"It’s 10 am. You are not moping around this house for the next week. It’s time you did some work around here. Go down and wash the dishes.

"But mom—"

"Edward I know you’re mad but you really have no right to be. You have to realize that what you did was wrong and if we don’t punish you somehow, then you’ll never learn, will you?" she smiled sweetly.

I frowned at her and curled back under the covers. She was silent for a moment, before coming over and snatching the duvet off me and pushing me out of the bed.

"UP!" she yelled and walked out. 

I groaned again and slowly got changed into a pair of tracksuits and and a t-shirt. 

I walked downstairs and started unloading the dishwasher. After a few minutes, Alice came in from outside. I looked at her briefly, and then turned back to the plates.

"Edward, I told you, I had nothing to do with Mr. and Mrs.Hale showing up at that apartment." she said, quietly.

"Whatever Alice" I mumbled.

"No, don’t just say ‘whatever’. Please Edward, I have been trying to wrap my head around the idea of you and Bella, and…I’m getting there. I’m sorry for acting so abruptly, but how would you feel if you found out I was sneaking around with your best friend?"

I didn’t respond to her, because I knew what my answer would be. 

"Ya, that’s what I thought" she sighed. "Just, please start talking to me again. Fighting with Bella is one thing, but you? Edward you’re my big brother. Please start acting like it" she pouted slightly, and walked slowly away.

I sighed, knowing that she felt guilty, but I wasn’t going to give in. Not now, not after how stupid she’s been. 

Later on 

Once I was done with all the chores, I swiped the house phone and brought it up to my room. I dialed out Bella’s number and waited for her to answer.

"Hey Bells, can you talk right now?" I asked.

"Yep" she said, sharply.

"Um..okay then. What’s been going on? Were your parents mad?" 

"Yup" she said, emotionless.

"Amm…are you grounded?"

"Ya"

"Are they like…there right now or something?"

"Nope"

"Is there something wrong?"