"Aw, man whatever I taught you everything you know" he jokingly hit Rich in the arm.

"Yea yea, come on everybody, cause I'm just a little hungry," Rich said leading the way to our table.

"This is a nice a place son" his dad said, surveying the place.

"Yeah, Takashi is actually Quanni's favorite place" he replied while smiling at me

"I like you already" his dad said.

We got seated and had our drinks when his dad started asking questions.

"How did y'all meet?"

"My son treating you right?"

"Are you guys being safe?"

"Dad, chill damn" Rich looked so

"I'm grown over here, shut up and watched your damn mouth Jr. " he glared at Rich

I laughed and he hit me from under the table. Hey, wasn't my fault.

"I didn't know it but he heard me singing for my father at church, and it just so happens that one of my close friends is your niece so.. She told me about him" I answered

"And you gave in to this knuckle head" he said laughing

"Well, this knuckle head has been a gentlemen since we've met, and I've grown pretty fond of him" I smiled looking over at him.

"See, someone is on my side" he stuck his tongue out at his dad, and kissing my cheek.

******

Dinner was going well, and I was just glad to finally breathe. Thankfully Rich is an only child so I had no siblings to deal with. I admired his parents, they reminded me so much of my own, and I saw a side of Rich that I never have. He was so care free, and relaxed. I mean, he is an amazing person, but watching him interact with them was heart warming.

"Quanni, I'm so glad Rich has you," Mr. Reynolds spoke

"It's been a long time since I seen him like this" he continued on looking over at Rich.

"I didn't think I'd ever see it again after everything that went down wi-"

"We get it dad, I'm happy" Rich said nervously cutting him off

I looked over at him and he avoided my eyes. There was something he hadn't told me, and I was about to burn up I had gotten so mad. Somewhere in the middle of the conversation dessert came, but I had suddenly lost my appetite and opted out on sharing with Rich. He sensed my attitude and put his arm around my waist. For the sake of a good night I let it stay there, but I was not happy.

We ended dinner and agreed to meet up for breakfast in the morning. I hugged his parents once again and expressed how happy I was to see them. The ride back to Rich's house was silent, and not a comfortable one either. I was starting to regret agreeing to stay overnight at his place. My parents were out of the state for a church convention so I didn't want to be at home by myself the entire time.

He reached for my hand over the console and I pulled away.

"Ba-"

"What!?" I snapped

He just kept quiet and pulled into the driveway. I didn't even wait for him to open the door for me, I got out on my own, and headed up the sidewalk. He opened the door and I brushed right past him. I didn't wanna look at his face right now. Maybe I was overreacting but I didn't care. I've been so open and transparent to him since day one, and to think he was holding something from me was tearing me up. I found the guest room and avoided him for the rest of the night. Well, that was until I started to miss him. Yea, I was mad but that was still my baby. I'd just be mad in his face.