Chapter Eleven (Part II)

Now I know it's been a busy day, and my mind wanders off sometimes- but I could've sworn I just heard this broad say she's pregnant. If she is what the hell does that have to do with him?

"I tried to tell you months ago..."

I watched as she and Rich shared intense eye contact like they knew something that nobody else in the room did.

Why wasn't he defending himself?

I slowly placed Skye back on the ground and took an elastic from my wrist to pull my hair up. I had taken off all of my jewelry and headed straight for Trice when I felt someone grab my arm. I turned around to see Rich's father giving me a look.

"Sit it down" he pointed to a chair right beside his wife Tawny.

I grudgingly obliged because it looked like if I hadn't he would be the one whoopin ass.

"Young lady, you've caused enough trouble here today. I think it's best that you just leave." Sr. spoke in a demanding tone. She continued to look back at Rich as security led her out the door.

I still couldn't figure out for the life of me why what she said effected him so much. Seriously was he cheating on me with the whore who cheated on him and had a baby by his own blood? Oh hell no. I was doing my best to keep from fighting him and her. Tawny rubbed my back and told me to relax just as Rich walked up to the table. He sat down right next to me; he was piercing a hole into the side of my face but I refused to look at him.

"Steph"

I didn't respond, I just watched as Skye played and ate ice cream with her grandfather. She and baby deuce are the only reason I'm still sitting in this seat right now.

"Sweets I can ex-"

"Did you sleep with her?" I looked into his eyes for the truth. I didn't want a bs a response, no other commentary- just a simple yes or no.

He looked down at the table before responding to me.

"Yes, but it was before you and I were serious sweets I promise..."

"And when were we not serious Richard?" I said through gritted teeth. I was suddenly hot all over. I waited for him to answer but I got nothing.

"Exactly... when Richard?" I asked referring to when he actually slept with her.

"The week you went to Texas, before I came."

The minute he said it I felt my heart drop. That was around the same time that I even found about an ex wife and daughter.

"I asked if you were still seeing her, and what did you say?"

"But I wasn't-"

"What did you say!?" I cut him off.

"No."

"You dirty ass liar." I got up and walked back over to my table to grab my things. If I stayed any longer I was either gonna beat his ass or go into premature labor; maybe even both. The only thing I've ever asked him for was the truth. Of course it may not always feel good, but it beats being lied to and humiliated in front of a room full of strangers. Here I am trying to adjust my life to fit his, uproot and move my big pregnant self to Texas, and he's still playing house with his ex-wifey? Nope. I'll pass.

"You're leaving?" Rhea looked at me concerned.

"Yea, I can't stay like this... It wouldn't be fair to Skye." I answered never looking her way.

"Here, let me walk you out mama"

She took my purse from my hands and walked along the side of me.