Chapter Twelve

Natali and Arayia pictured above.
We arrived at Rich's house and I took Skye up to her room to bathe, do her hair, and prepare for bed. It may be the weekend but there is no way I'm getting her off of her sleep pattern. School starts for the both of us in just a few weeks anyway so it's good to get into the habit. Skye will be starting pre school and I'm so excited; in just a few months I've been able to witness her growth into a beautiful little girl. As for me, I'll be starting my second semester as a sophomore and continuing on in the nursing program. I'm just a little freaked out because I'll be giving birth in November and I hate to miss clinical's or finals. I guess I'll just cross that bridge when I get there.

"Okay mama, let's get you out of here and in those Pj's." I said to Skye who was splashing water all over the floor.

I picked her up and carried her back into her room; usually I could do it with no hesitation but after putting her down I was so out of breath. I don't know if she's to blame, or her brother. I helped her put on her Doc McStuffins night gown and a pair of socks, then tied her little bonnet around her head.

An hour later I was in bed beside her watching Frozen. Somehow her little persuasive behind had talked me into turning it on. Skye sang right along with Elsa; I'm sure every child in America knows this song.

Let it go, let it go

Can't hold it back anymore

Turn away and slam the door

I don't care

What they're going to say

Let the storm rage on

The cold never bother me anyway

I found myself singing along too after the second verse. I finally made her go to sleep and promised to keep the movie playing as long as she was. It was now 9:45 and I was beat. I made my way to Rich's bathroom to take a bath. Maybe that'll help my body relax a little. I passed the guest room but doubled back because of what I saw.

The room was now painted in Mint Green and Chocolate Brown stripes and 'Richard Jr' was centered on the wall in big letters. I walked in and scanned the room and it's entirety. There was a huge crib with 'Deuce' encrusted into the sides, a changing station and everything was stocked from the pampers to the diaper rash ointment. On the other side of the room was the nursing station and a small day bed for either of us. I turned again to see a tv up in the corner of the room. I don't know who it would benefit, him or the baby. But I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that. I turned the light back out and went into our room.

"Yes, our planned launching date is January 15th. We'll have an opening party with representatives to talk with potential clients." Rich spoke into the phone as I walked in.

I still hadn't given Rich an answer about moving to Texas but clearly his mind was set. I don't mind his hard work; I'll never stop him from eating and providing for his children, I just didn't think it would involve me having to make major moves too. As long as it doesn't interfere with my goals then I'm fine. So until I know for sure that I can transfer all of my credits and nursing school work, Illinois is where I'll be.

"Have you confirmed out meeting with Mayor Rawlings?" I heard him ask as I took off my clothes and stepped into my robe. I love to hear him talk business; makes him look all manly and in charge.

"Good good, his appearance is just what we need to secure the community." He nodded.

I walked over to his side of the bed and sat at the edge beside him. He placed a hand on my stomach and smiled, acknowledging my presence as he continued to talk. I leaned up and stroked his chin hair right before kissing his lips.