Chapter Thirteen

Rich POV

"You're sure it's twins?" I asked her again to make sure I was hearing right.

I looked from the monitor to Quanni, from Quanni to Dr. Asiago. The fact that Quanni was carrying my son was mind blowing, but my son and daughter? This is unbelievable.

"How have I been carrying twins this long and didn't know it?" Quanni asked with a face full of so many different emotions I couldn't tell how she was feeling or thinking.

"It's very possible and simple; baby girl was hiding behind her brother." Dr. Asiago smiled as she looked at the screen.

"Oh my goodness!" By this time Quanni was crying a river. I just didn't know if this was a good thing or a bad thing.

"I know. This was my exact reaction when I found out about my girls," she handed Quanni a Kleenex from the counter.

"A twin pregnancy is a double blessing, but it can also carry greater risks than single pregnancies. So it is imperative that you take care of yourself and continue to keep your activity and stress to a minimum." Dr. Asiago looked at the both of us seriously.

"She will." I assured her.

I know that the majority of her stress is because of me, so I'm gonna do everything in my power to make it right. It broke my heart to hear Quanni say she didn't know if I even really loved her. That girl is my everything.

We finished up with the doctor and I took Quanni to lunch. Because I really wanted to know what else was on her mind, I booked a private dining area at Ravenna. We sat there in complete silence as I watched her eat Bruschetta before I finally spoke up.

"I don't wanna lose you Steph."

She fiddled around with her fork before looking up at me. Her hair was up in a high bun and she didn't have on an ounce of makeup. Her nose has began to spread a little, and her cheeks were puffy. She stared with those honey brown eyes and I fell in love all over again; she was beautiful. Suddenly I felt sick at the pit of my stomach. I never meant to put her through all this.

"I just wanna know something.."

I watched as tears filled her eyes.

"Why? Why would you do this to me? Me?" She raised her voice a little.

Thank God we're in private dining.

"Sweets I never meant to-"

"What?" She looked up at me in no way she had ever done. I saw pain. Hurt. Disgust.

"You never meant to hurt me? Or you never meant to get caught?" She shook her head and laughed to herself.

"Richard I trusted you and I loved you with everything in me. I fought for you every step of the way and I never once came to the thought of hurting you in any way. But none it mattered because you made me look stupid. I was afraid to open up to you because of this very reason. Crazy thing is, as much as I wanted him to be wrong, my daddy was right. This was never about me; you just needed a quick fuck." She scoffed and grabbed her purse to leave."

"Wait?" I grabbed her waist.

She stopped and looked at me.

"You were never just a quick fuck, and you know that." I said softly.

"I don't know that. All I know is that the man I'm in love with fucked me over for a bitch that wouldn't give to shits about him if she saw him in the streets left for dead. And if that wasn't enough, I have to bring two babies into the world to this shit." She moved her hand in a circular motion.