Chapter Three

"You're perfect you know that." He said as he rested his chin above my head.

I know it was a question but I honestly couldn't respond. Instead I just wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest. I thought about his words and a smile crept up on my face.
Why? Because for the first time in God knows how long, I actually believed what was coming out of a man's mouth. He genuinely makes my day, and I can't lie he was tearing down the wall I built up every moment the we were together.

We laughed and talked a while longer before he had to return to work. Had we not made plans for dinner tonight I'd be disappointed, but since we had, I wasn't tripping. We pulled into my driveway and get got out to open my door. I got out and just as soon as my feet touched the ground he pulled me into him and pressed his lips against mine.
Now it was a given that I was already attracted to him, but every time he kissed me, or put his hands on me, I became physically attracted to him.

"R-rich," I spoke in between kisses.

"Yea babe," he let his hands wander from the small of my back to my butt, and just held them there. I pressed my body into his when I noticed his manhood growing in his pants. He rubbed it against my thigh. Oh shit. Bring it back Quanni.

"You're gonna be late," I reasoned as a broke away from his kiss.

"Right, I'll see you tonight sweets," he smiled as he grabbed my hand and walked me to the door.

"Yes sir" I smirked and blew him a kiss then went inside.

I ran upstairs to my room and into my bathroom. I was about to pamper myself before tonight. I was running the water in the tub when I heard the front door. I went into the room to look out my window. I spotted a Navy Blue drop top Porsche with the word 'Pastor' at the front. It was my dad.

"Stephanie" his voice rang through the house.

He was the only person who still called me by my first name since my grandmother passed five years ago. I was named after her- his mom. She fought a long hard battle of breast cancer. Many ordinary people would say cancer won, but because of my faith I know her time here with us was just far spent, and going on to be with the Lord is the greatest victory anybody could have. She always called me Steph Jr. I was her little mini me. Everywhere you saw her, you were sure to see me. When she left, a big piece of me left too. I refused to be called Stephanie anymore because I always thought about her, and to be real I just wasn't willing to accept the fact that she was really gone.

"Yea dad, I'm upstairs"

"Hey princess" he said as he came over and kissed my forehead

"What's up King?" I giggled.

"I could ask you the same thing. What you gettin ready to do," he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh- uhh N-nothing, I'm just uh goin out later with a friend of mine." I replied nervously as a toyed with the end of my bed spread.

"Friend?"

"Yea dad. Friend."

"This friend got a name?" He drilled me.

"Y-yes. His name I-"

"HIS?" he said all surprised and in shock.

"Yea daddy, HIS name is Richard."

"Richard Reynolds"

"Mmm. Talkin bout friend, look how you grinnin!"

"What? No I'm not," I protested with the most innocent facial expression I could muster up.