Homeroom

I walk into school and see the popular girl group standing in front of my locker. I roll my eyes as I push past them and proceed to open my locker. "Ew, look who it is!" Chelsea, the leader of the popular group says. 

"Why are you even near my locker?" I say as I grab my books for Period 1 and 2. 

"Don't get too hyped, I'm not here for you, I'm here for Mikey Williams," she snapped back at me as she reapplies her lip gloss. 

"Wait my locker is near his?" I ask as she ignores me and turns around and flicks her brunette hair in my face. I roll my eyes as I lock my locker and go to homeroom.

"Hey, Hazel, my favourite Sophmore!" Chris, my homeroom buddy (also a junior) says as I walk and sit with him. When I first came to this high school Chris tried to "get" with me. It didn't work out, so I think he knows we are better as friends. Well, he should.

"Hi, a new week and I'm already bored," I say as I rest my head on the table.

"Wassup g!" Chris yells as he daps a very tall guy. I sit and look up to see High School Prospect, Mikey Williams. "Wassup man, long time!" he says as he sits next to me. 

"Are you in this homeroom?" I ask as I roll my eyes.

"Yeah," he says in his deep voice as he looks me in the eyes. I grab my books and sit with Rochelle, who is a Junior at our school. "What do you think of Mikey? He's really cute, don't you think?" she says as she daydreams.

"No! What are you on about?" 

"By the way, we have basketball training for the first two periods, we don't need our books." Rochelle says as she glares at me.

"Oh, Shit!" I yell as I rest my head in my hands. The bell rings and I head off to my locker to put my books away and grab my basketball uniform.