Changes

As much as I wanna believe Mikey has changed, I just can't get past the fact that he did do stuff that hurt me. I try my best to forget it, but I can't. While we were driving, I decided to have a conversation with him.

"Mikey?" I say as I turn off the music.

"Yeah..."

"Why are you doing this?" I question him as he looks at me while he drives. "Eyes on the road," I  say in a serious tone.

"Doing what?"

"Like all of this," I say as my hands do circle motions.

"Because I love you?"

"So... it's just like that?"

"Like what?"

"You can't say, 'aww I love you' after everything you've done," I say trying to keep my anger in.

"Hazel, that's the past."

"No, it's not! I'm always going to have this scar on my stomach." I say as I point at it.

"I apologized so many times."

"Why are you back?" I scream in his face as he pulls the car over.

"Because I need you in my life," he yells at me. "I try my best to be with you but all you ever do is push me over the line. Everything I do is for you, and you never ever appreciate me."

"Carving your name onto my stomach is beneficial to me? Being in a toxic relationship is beneficial for me? Kissing your ex in front of me? That's all FOR US??"

"No, but I've changed. Ever since I've been with you, I've improved my basketball game so much. But you wouldn't no because you never come."

"Because I don't want to be clingy, and isn't this all fake?"

"Exactly, I caught feelings for you when I shouldn't have and I'm so jealous and I hate it." he says as his eyes get watery.

"You're not jealous, you're insecure," I say as he stops talking and drives back onto the road. "You're insecure about the way you look, your financial status, your hair, the way people judge you, your skin tone, about the way you walk and th-"

"What do you want me to do? Kill myself?"

"No, I want you to change for good, I'm only 16 and I shouldn't have to feel such a burden from you. I'm not doing this fake relationship anymore,"

"Then be my real girlfriend," he says in a serious monotone. "No more toxic, no more cheating. To be honest, it wasn't even cheating if we weren't together," he says as we arrives at the pet shop. I decide to drop the conversation as we walk into the store.